[Resolved] Unable to generate PGP keys

Hi,

I'm not able to generate a PGP key pair. Everytime an error pops up: "Public/Private keypair not generated successfully." - that's all.

Can someone give me a hint or maybe a link to some more information I wasn't able to find?

Thanks in advance.

At present, I can't connect via https:, so can't suggest much right now. e-mal sent upstream to ask about current conditions.

Later Edit: OK. used FF to login in, began the process on the e-mail servers. Due to the time involved, wondering right now whtehr there may be a time-out issue. The alternative suggestion would be for you to generate your keys locally and them upload/import them to your SpamCop e-mail account ...????

Connectivity issues galore. I can't connect at all with IE8, only 2 out of 3 tries wth FF 3.5.7, usually with a Refresh/Retry .... However, the bottom line is that the PGP key-pair generation process worked fine. Don't really know how long it took, as after an hour or so, I killed the FF session .. which then restarted after applying some updates .. and at the restart, the key-pair data was available.

I'm not able to generate a PGP key pair. Everytime an error pops up: "Public/Private keypair not generated successfully." - that's all.

Can someone give me a hint or maybe a link to some more information I wasn't able to find?

I cannot find an option to generate a PGP key pair within the SC Email service. And I guess that isn't surprising. I do have the option to import the relevant key into my SC Email service. So, as Wazoo suggests, perhaps that's the route to take.

GnuPG may be a useful tool in the armoury if you don't already have it.

Andrew

Archived