[Resolved] FromAddressForgery + my email on my whitelist

I have read here that the FromAddressForgery is pretty much impossible to solve.

Some time ago a poster suggested I check to see if my address was in my whitelist. It was. It continues to show up there, but not by my doing.

Don't know if these two are related. But how does this happen? Is it part of the forgery problem? what should could I do about it?

Thanks much.

Some time ago a poster suggested I check to see if my address was in my whitelist. It was. It continues to show up there, but not by my doing.

Did you remove your address from the whitelist?

There are several ways to populate the whitelist database.

1. From webmail, using the manual whitelist addition section

2. From webmail, using the "Release and Whitelist" option from the Held Mail folder

3. From VER, using the "Forward (and whitelist sender) option

4. I believe, from webmail, using the "Allow Checked Entries" button in the Your Greylist - Pending Entries page also adds to the whitelist

Thanks very much. Now I see how I inadvertently add my name to my whitelist. That should make matter much better. :)

Did you remove your address from the whitelist?

There are several ways to populate the whitelist database.

1. From webmail, using the manual whitelist addition section

2. From webmail, using the "Release and Whitelist" option from the Held Mail folder

3. From VER, using the "Forward (and whitelist sender) option

4. I believe, from webmail, using the "Allow Checked Entries" button in the Your Greylist - Pending Entries page also adds to the whitelist

[Moved from How to use .... Instructions, Tutorials > SpamCop Forum]

Archived