Conserving "fuel"

I am reporting only and recently signed up for the paid option. I notice my fuel being depleted at a rate of about 100K a day. I maybe get 80 pieces of spam a day on a bad day, and they seem to be between 1-5K in size. At this rate there's no way my $15 account is going to last two years, which is the estimate listed in the signup page. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way of submitting that minimizes the usage?

I am reporting only and recently signed up for the paid option.  I notice my fuel being depleted at a rate of about 100K a day.  I maybe get 80 pieces of spam a day on a bad day, and they seem to be between 1-5K in size.  At this rate there's no way my $15 account is going to last two years, which is the estimate listed in the signup page.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some way of submitting that minimizes the usage?

Most people don't have the time to report 80 spams per day. Even if you do have the time you'll probably find yourself leveling off to a more reasonable rate since reporting that many spams day in and day out is likely to become a dreaded chore.

That "typical user ... for two years" estimate has been there for how many years now? <g> .... In all fairness, that estimate had relatively few nay-sayers way back when, but the spam assault has vastly changed ... On the other hand, a lot of the previous report-only folks have gone over to the $30/ year e-mail side of the house, which still allows most of the perks of the report-only mode, plus the filtered e-mail capability ... I suspect why there's not all that much complaining about your discovery that $15 just won't actually cover 2 years for a ot of folks these days <g>

Archived