Just as a note for those sitting on the sidelines. my mailhosts (spamcop, my ISP, hotmail, yahoo, fastmail and a couple of hosted domains) all appear to be registered and my traces look ok to me.

Only a few ask for me to really verify that the chain is correct, the vast majority recognise the whole chain or find an open proxy or a trivial forgery.

So things appear to be reasonably close to working to me.

Okay... I've been a good boy and paid my $30 for a proper SpamCop mail account. Prior to this I was using just a reporting account.

Anyway, I'm still having problems setting up my trusted mailhosts - no matter what I do (even if I follow the instructions in the FAQ) I still get the "incomplete headers" message.

But that isn't the point of this message... I want to make a suggestion...

On the 'technical details' page, next to the bit where it says "untrusted relay - not trusting anything beyond this point" (or words to that effect), why not simply place a hyperlink that says "actually, I DO trust this relay".

Then, we can click on that link and add the host that way.

Or is this just not feasible for technical reasons beyond my humble comprehension?

On the 'technical details' page, next to the bit where it says "untrusted relay - not trusting anything beyond this point" (or words to that effect), why not simply place a hyperlink that says "actually, I DO trust this relay".

Then, we can click on that link and add the host that way.

Or is this just not feasible for technical reasons beyond my humble comprehension?

I doubt if there are technical reasons, but too many human reasons would not interpret that message correctly! Or maybe even honestly.

Miss Betsy

Help me test SpamCop's new mailhost system.

Please followup here with your thoughts and/or problems.

-=Julian=-

I got blasted a number of times for statements made over in the newsgroups that Julian had asked that follow-up be handled here , in this Forum, in this Topic .... I'e even taken some hits within these Forums for directing folks to this Topic for issues with the mail-host set-up ... A specific e-mail address posted by Julian here thus far has managed to remain here.

But, for a while now, Ellen has had folks e-mailing the Deputies address for mail-host issues over in the newsgroups. And for those that don't do the newsgroups side, here's a status report posted over there last evening;

Newsgroups: spamcop,spamcop.help,spamcop.mail

Subject: mailhosts problem identified and fixed

Followup-To: spamcop

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:12:31 -0500

Julian discovered a small problem with the mailhosts logic which apparently

started early today (perhaps last nite) which was preventing the system from

sending the confirmation message after a probe mail was copy/pasted or

forwarded back. The problem has been fixed and you should be able to resend

the previous probe mail. If you encounter problems please let us know. Sorry

for the problem.

--

Ellen

So the question of the day .. is the mail-host configuration model ready and set for the masses? Is this Topic/thread here no longer the "requested repository" of issues and problems? Is the answer for any/all remaining issues now to be "contact Deputies" ...???

So the question of the day .. is the mail-host configuration model ready and set for the masses?  Is this Topic/thread here no longer the "requested repository" of issues and problems?  Is the answer for any/all remaining issues now to be "contact Deputies" ...???

Absolutely not! It still doesn't like my mailhost submissions, and I have quite a simple configuration! I don't think this is 'out of beta' in any shape or form!

Help me test SpamCop's new mailhost system.

Please followup here with your thoughts and/or problems.

-=Julian=-

I got blasted a number of times for statements made over in the newsgroups that Julian had asked that follow-up be handled here , in this Forum, in this Topic ....

... tfb. Julian is the only one who gets to make the rules on this!

I'e even taken some hits within these Forums for directing folks to this Topic for issues with the mail-host set-up ...

... tfb. Julian is the only one who gets to make the rules on this!

Archived