Serious Issues

ep2002

Ok, so I go to sign up & have had nothing but problems.

1. I get an e-mail w/ my user name & p/w. The user name is my e-mail addy.

I go to log in it tells me I don't exist.

Then somewhere I think I read you can either log in one area with your e-mail addy, one area with your user name, but I don't see any other area to login.

Actually now I remember, I clicked on the "forgot" p/w link & it said you can't use your e-mail address as your user name to get the new p/w. That someone at the site level has to reset it for you.

I don't want to reset it, I just want to log in.

2. I try to go to the forum & the link does NOT direct me to the forum.

I can't even go back to try & get it for you guys b/c I'm here now in the forum & I don't want to venture away for fear of never getting back LOL

How I got here I have no idea, I clicked on "e-mail" support & it brought me here.

So, it sounds like someone needs to go back & review all the links b/c they aren't pointing where they should be.

If someone can explain to me how to actually log into my acct. that would be great.

Thank you

Michelle

Not to worry... Your login username is the email address you registered with us for an account.

A good way to log in for the first time is to copy the username and password from our registration email and paste them into the login form.

If you're still having trouble, send me the account details and I'll look into it.

Write to me at service[at]admin.spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

1. I get an e-mail w/ my user name & p/w. The user name is my e-mail addy.

I go to log in it tells me I don't exist.

Then somewhere I think I read you can either log in one area with your e-mail addy, one area with your user name, but I don't see any other area to login.

Why are there so many different account names/passwords needed?

Actually now I remember, I clicked on the "forgot" p/w link & it said you can't use your e-mail address as your user name to get the new p/w. That someone at the site level has to reset it for you.

The issue in that is/was on the Parsing & Reporting site ... the problem being that bits somehow got flipped and changed a Reporting Accont into an ISP Account .... SpamCop Reporting Accounts

I don't want to reset it, I just want to log in.

As detailed in the above links, how you loging also depends on just where you are trying to log into.

2. I try to go to the forum & the link does NOT direct me to the forum.

I can't even go back to try & get it for you guys b/c I'm here now in the forum & I don't want to venture away for fear of never getting back LOL

How I got here I have no idea, I clicked on "e-mail" support & it brought me here.

So, it sounds like someone needs to go back & review all the links b/c they aren't pointing where they should be.

The listing (and disappearance) of numerous links on the 'official' web-pages has been a bit of a controversy for quite some time. See SpamCop Staff for the listing of who all is involved, who has made some decisions, who could effect changes ....

If someone can explain to me how to actually log into my acct. that would be great.

Again, it depends on where you are trying to go. I have placed links to 'all' pages needed to go to each area of the SamCOp.net network at the top of these Forum pages, in several formats in this 2.1.7 install. Please identify just which one is actually in question.

Archived