I had an Idea but I need your help :)

gEmnet

Hi there, I had an Idea and I am actively developing it. Maybe already existent I don't know but I am developing an url shortening service that will be free for ever and without advertisement at all.

Now, the problem is that I never click on a shortened url because I think that can be vectors for malicious intents so my idea was to implement two different kind of controls before accepting an url:

1) OpenDNS to block phishing/malicious websites.

1) SpamCOP to block phishing/malicious IP address.

(Yes, 1 and 1)

As I am asking the same to OpenDNS, there's an opportunity to use a SpamCOP API to recognize if an IP is blacklisted?

Sorry for my english, be kind... this is also my first thread and I hope to have an answer to my request :) - Obviously I will like to say in the website "Proudly powered by SpamCOP technology".

:D

there's an opportunity to use a SpamCOP API to recognize if an IP is blacklisted?
You can query the SpamCop Blocking List (SBL) to see whether or not it has listed an address as a known recent spam mail source. You can query via the web, or using standard DNS-like calls to the server (which is why lists like SCBL are often called DNS Blocking Lists or DNSBLs). I don't know whether there's an "API" per se but the DNSBL procedures are pretty standard among many blockling lists.

See here: http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml.

-- rick

Archived