[Resolved] spamcop no longer functions

newsmedia

Why am I constantly getting tis response ????

SpamCop v 4.6.0.031 © 1992-2010 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

[removed by poster]

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

I am beginning to think I am wasting my time with this.

I can trace the sending system and discover the sending IP bloock and abuse email myself/

Why the above response, repeated over & over again when I report spam?

Why am I constantly getting tis response ????

SpamCop v 4.6.0.031 © 1992-2010 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

[removed by poster]

Why the above response, repeated over & over again when I report spam?

As already noted, you removed the only thing anyone here could use to possibly try to answer your question. There's also the small issue of just what tools are in use, how you use them, etc., etc., etc. that you decided not to provide. The Tracking URL would have provided at least a clue as to where to go next. Yet again, there's a reason for all the How to ask a question links. Noting that using either of the 'search tools' provided using data from the 'error message' would have returned previous Posts/Discussions from folks that asked the same question, also providing answers that could/would have helped.

Apols for the missing tracking url - I managed to recover it:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z4138582551za...fa5c8e08222ae2z

Thanks Keith.

Looks like there's something missing from your mailhosts setup or SC (Don, the 1st reply) may need to help you setting it up if it isn't able to be set up your end. Mailhosting is the first solution suggested in the error messages generated - with a link from there that works when you are logged in to the SC reporting system. Mailhosting has its own sub-forum here.

Here is the same spam parsed without mailhosting:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z4140548152z5...b1738639dcb326z

This one skips the first few hand-overs because it's not looking for any specific hosts there. You probably don't want to use non-mailhosted for your reporting though - that system helps ensure you don't report your own provider.

Thanks Farelf - yep, it was a wrongly setup mailhost for iomartmail - I have located and corrected this.

Again, thanks to all.

Rgds

Keith

Thanks Farelf - yep, it was a wrongly setup mailhost for iomartmail - I have located and corrected this.

Again, thanks to all.

Much appreciated that you followed up with a success story. Tagging as Resolved.

Archived