[Resolved] unable to submit - "Bad Response From Server"

fliptop

For the past couple of days I've been unable to report any spam submitted via email. After clicking the "Report spam" button on the member's page, the connection times out and a "Bad Response From Server" message appears. The only thing I can do is to remove all unreported spam, which obviously I don't want to do.

I'd also add that the HTML form for submitting spam seems to be working fine, it's just the spam that's submitted via email that's having problems.

Regards, Paul

I'm not sure I have an answer but just to check...

Are you saying that you submit your spam to your unique submission Email address by Email attachment. Then when you go the web interface and confirm these items for submission you are getting this error...?

Andrew

It sounds like you have a connection problem between you and SpamCop. Maybe you could wait and try later. Or maybe reboot and see if that will help. I'm just guessing. It could be any number of things causing the problem.

I just tested the system by emailing spam to my account and then clicking on the links I got back. The system is working normally.

I access SpamCop from outside just like everybody else, because I work from home. It it works for me, it should work for you.

You're the only one reporting the problem so far, so I have to assume the problem is on your end, or in the network you're using, or something along that line.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

I'm not sure I have an answer but just to check...

Are you saying that you submit your spam to your unique submission Email address by Email attachment. Then when you go the web interface and confirm these items for submission you are getting this error...?

Hi Andrew - yes, i submit via email then use the HTML form to submit.

You're the only one reporting the problem so far, so I have to assume the problem is on your end, or in the network you're using, or something along that line.

Hi Don - it happened over the weekend, while I was working from home using satellite internet.

This morning, I used the HTML form w/o any problems after I came into work. Therefore, it may have been my connection at home.

Regards, Paul

OK, user came back and Posted while I was composng this. Apparentl, I mis-read the "member's page" words. Oh well. Other data still stands.

For the past couple of days I've been unable to report any spam submitted via email. After clicking the "Report spam" button on the member's page, the connection times out and a "Bad Response From Server" message appears. The only thing I can do is to remove all unreported spam, which obviously I don't want to do.

I read that as that you are talking about what is called te VER (Very Easy Reporting) interface/link on the membersc.spamcop.net web-page. This mode includes several possible points-of-failure .... your system, the west-coast Cisco/ItonPort systems, the east-coast CES systems, and of course the wilderness in-between all those systems, which would include the Akamai systems in the mix. (Though in the past, most of these errors woul include an error code or two in the message.)

However, as Don states, you are the only person talking about an issue at this point. So, yes, it's easy to suggest starting with your system, but allso noting that it jst could be just a bit upstream from you also. Just not enough data available at present.

• 4 weeks later...
"Bad Response From Server" message appears

Actually I've seen it happening and its easy to replicate with one method at least. Steps to reproduce:

Block jscripts with your browser from spamcop.net

Click the Report spam tab

Enter a large message > 50Kbytes (this will not be truncated by the js code - I tried it with 160K)

Click submit

And you should get a 500 type error response from the server.

Archived