[Resolved] SBRS Stays at Poor

rayflexcom

Hi Everybody,

I know that this forum is for questions about spamcop but I hope anyone here can help me with my problem.

The Issue is as following:

domain: (redacted)

ip: (redacted)

The only blacklist that I am on is:

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist

Backscatterer.org

The last impact on Backscatterer.org was 30.07.2010 11:56 CEST and will expire on 27.08.2010 11:56 CEST.

I have a dedicated server running Plesk witch uses a Postfix mailserver.

Last month I had a problem with one of my clients who uses my mailserver as smarthost. This mailserver was sending NDR-messages. That was causing the problem why i am listed on Backscatterer.org. I resolved the issue within a few days after first impact. Since 30-07-2010 there should be no problematic mail traffic.

* When I check my Ip on: http://www.mailradar.com/openrelay/ my server is no open relay.

* When i check the logs, I see no strange spamlike mails sending from my mailserver

* I have a correct reverse DNS

I want to know exactly what the problem is. For as far as I know, Backscatterer.org is the only listing.

last month I allready send 3 mails to support[at]senderbase.org but got no reply on any of them. :huh:

My Question:

Has anyone here a clue about how to "upgrade" my status to at least "Neutral" ?

The senderbase informationpage says that "DNSBL

Listings" ar 0 so I suspect it does not look at Backscatterer.org.

I hope someone can help.

Hi, rayflexcom!

...Sorry to hear of your problem. I regret that I have no direct advice I can offer about improving SenderBase reputation scores. Have you checked the SpamCop Wiki entry "SenderBase Reputation Score?"

Hi Turetzsr,

Thanks for your reply:

Why is the reputation Poor?

•These are the most common reasons:

â—¦Your email server or a computer in your network may be infected with malware and may be used to send spam.

Checked, seems not the problem

â—¦You may have an insecure network which is allowing other parties to use your network to send spam.

â—¦Your email server may be misconfigured and might relay spam.

â—¦You may be utilizing a dynamic IP that is not allowed to relay email directly to the Internet.

Checked, is not the problem, is a fixed IP

•How does this affect me?

â—¦While many networks use SenderBase as a means for assessing their email traffic, SenderBase does not block email. If your email is being blocked or you feel it is not being delivered, please check with your ISP.

•What can I do to improve my reputation?

◦The information displayed is meant to help you identify and resolve any issues that might be the cause for your IP’s poor reputation score. More Details (same hyperlink as above) are available. Once you have taken the necessary steps to fix any known issues, your reputation score should automatically improve within a short time frame.

To translate litturaly from dutch to English:

Now my wooden shoe is breaking apart:

All of a sudden, I now got a message back from ironport.com:

Thank you for having contacted SenderBase Support with your issue.

<>$ host *.*.*.*

*.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer hosting.rayflexcom.nl.

<>$ host host.domain.tld

host.domain.tld has address *.*.*.*

http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queri...=*.*.*.*

Report on IP address: *.*.*.*

Hostname: host.domain.tld

SenderBase reputation score Poor

The IP is currently under investigation and a response will be forthcoming as soon as details are available.

To potentially expedite the investigation process,

(1) was this IP recently acquired?

(2) if 'yes', when?

SenderBase Support

Let's see what will happen.

Hi rayflexcom,

We have seen before that low-volume (as seen by SB) servers of recent address (as seen by SB) struggle to recover their reputation scores. How you could break out of the "Catch 22" situation of having the very traffic blocked that might count towards restoring your reputation is a mystery to me. But they do respond after all - that is good. I will (or Steve T will) 'anonymise' your original post and the SB response for you if you want that - I do not think you can do it yourself. But I don't think there is a big risk with the detail.

Hi rayflexcom,

We have seen before that low-volume (as seen by SB0 servers of recent address (as seen by SB) struggle to recover their reputation scores. How you could break out of the "Catch 22" situation of having the very traffic blocked that might count towards restoring your reputation is a mystery to me. But they do respond after all - that is good. I will will 'anonymise' your original post for you - I do not think you can do that yourself.

Hi Farelf! Thank you, if you will do that it would be perfect! I wil 'anonymise' my last post! The last time I mailed them was from my alternate mailadress [at]gmail.com so maybe they did'nt get the other mail indeed because they where blocking me :) (PS. i did not get a bounce).

My SBRS is now "Neutral"

I don't know if this topic helped in someway, but I am very happy with the result!

So a tip for future people that have issues with the SBRS.

:excl: Send a mail to support[at]senderbase.org with a detailed description from a alternate mail-address and hope for a positive response! :excl:

Archived