Old member returning...

wkitty42

hello everyone! it has been a long time since i last participated... i think my last real participation was when the newsgroups server was still in operation... that was several years back...

i'm sorry to hear about Miss Betsy's passing... i was a member when she joined and started offering her assistance... we had several good discussions about numerous topics... i was saddened to read about her passing when i dropped by earlier today and even more saddened that it happened several months ago...

anyway, if you remember this old cat, say "hi!" ;)

too bad i can't put my well known avatar up in my user profile :? :(

hello everyone! it has been a long time since i last participated... i think my last real participation was when the newsgroups server was still in operation... that was several years back...

The newsgroups are still around. The only major change was moving the Archive to this server due to disk space issues on the newsgroup server. The 'disappearance' of the links to these other places from the spamcop.net pages are purely political <g>

...Yes, the avatar option available in the basic forum software was never made available here.

Actually, it was, way back in the beginning. The combination of the "old newsgroup folks" complaining about the graphic load, one user hot-linking to a 'bad' image, and a couple of folks deciding that a 'giant' avatar was needed caused me to tirn it off, and that switch setting has remained the norm through all of the upgrades.

Archived