unable to add third host

Unable to add third mailhost.

First mailhost (Spamcop account) OK. Second mailhost (Cox account) OK. Tried to add third mailhost (pccdmavs1.palomar.edu) ... receive Spamcop account configuration email, sent back as attachment, account not added.

Waited an hour, tried again, this time sent configuration email back in body of message, account not added.

Waited an hour, tried again, this time using campus' Webmail, sent configuration email back in body of message, account not added.

Meanwhile, I now have 9 spams sitting in my palomar.edu account which I cannot report.

In order to report these spams, do I need to delete all mailhosts and so opt out of the mailhost beta?

Just so you are aware... The accounts are able to configure more than 2 mailhosts. I currently have 4 configured on my paid account.

SpamCop, Netforward (my email forwarder), my ISP, and Yahoo.

In order to report spam coming from hosts not in your configuration, I would agree with Steve T. that you would need to back out of the Beta test.

Reading the message at the bottom of the original configuration page, it looks like Julian is more interested in getting the mailhosts thing going properly as opposed to a few more spam reports going out.

Right now, it seems that any person not able to correctly submit via email will not be able to complete the mailhosts confguration. I am in that situation with my free account for work. Lotus Notes does something to the email messages causing the parser not to recognize any headers, no matter how they are submitted. Julian is working on larger fish right now, so I am still not on the Beta for that system.

Archived