Unable to process header. IPv6 addresses are not supported

enigma1

I believe something was changed in the SC form processing the past day or so, because older mails from my list that were successfully processed are now give the same error.

<snip>

...Thanks for the extra evidence, enigma1. I'll add that the timing of your problem is suspiciously close to the March 23, 2011 Planned Maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...
<snip>

Please note that if I manualy remove this code

([::1])

found in the header and resubmit then it goes through just fine.

...Please be sure to cancel that parse! See SpamCop FAQ (link near top left of each SpamCop Forum page) entries labeled "Material changes to spam - Updated!" and "What if I break the rule(s)?."

• 1 year later...

SpamCop can not handle IPv6 addressing yet.

We're working on it, and hope to have the code updated in the coming months.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Hey Don what's the status on this? I am starting to get quite a few spam messages via IPv6 and would like to be able to report them to the appropriate ISPs and host admins.

Sâ€pam which arrives via my backup MX is guaranteed to arrive via IPv6. However, I've not yet seen spam arrive at my primary MX over IPv6 without going via the backup…

(What's going on here? I type “Sâ€pam†– capital ‘S’ – and it ends up as “spamâ€â€¦ aha, inserting a zero-width joiner ‘fixes’ it…)

...(What's going on here? I type “S‍pam” – capital ‘S’ – and it ends up as “spam”… aha, inserting a zero-width joiner ‘fixes’ it…)
Yes, as Steve T points out, in deference to Hormel's wishes, the capitalisation of spam is included in our badword filter and automagically transformed. Including the proper case is perhaps excessive but it certainly meats (sorry, the devil made me do it) the spirit of Hormel's polite request and keeps the filter table entry to a minimum (also the filter's interpretations of "EXACT" and the alternative "LOOSE" are a little baffling). Also included are a few actual bad words and some hacking stuff which might otherwise allow exploit posts. By no means exhaustive and the deliberate exploration of the limits by members will NOT be welcomed. The few that might surprise new members are:

Before After Method
javaѕcript javascri_pt Exact
Ñ•cript scri_pt Exact
Ð…PAM spam Exact

Archived