Help getting off icontact.com mailing lists

mrmaxx

Is there any way to reach a "real person" at icontact? The emails I send them appear to bounce with an error as an 'unauthenticated' or something similar. I sent off another complaint to them today, and I expect a bounce back at any time and I'll post the exact error. Suffice it to say it appears that my emails to them are not getting through.

Anyone have any experience getting through to them to get on a "global" do-not-contact list? I appear to be subscribed to a large number of newsletters that I really don't have time to read, and would like to stop receiving, but they keep coming and I keep unsubscribing and they keep coming... *sigh*

I ran the latest one through SpamCop and it acted like it didn't even see the "unsubscribe" link, so after cancelling the report, I pasted the unsubscribe link in and SpamCop said it wouldn't report, but did give me some upstream contacts, so hopefully the abuse desk at Level 3 (hah!) or such will get through to them and get them a clue-by-four!

...Sorry mrmaxx, I can't think of anything better than what you've already done -- gone upstream.

...Since this does not appear to be an issue with SpamCop Reporting, I have moved it from the "SpamCop Reporting" forum to the "SpamCop Lounge" forum.

Is there any way to reach a "real person" at icontact?

Keep a note on your computer of when you unsubscribe and then report them as spam. If you have time include in spam report when you unsubscribed

For "newsletters" I use a "throwaway" Gmail account excellent at sorting spam just hit the "report as spam" button and worldwide they go to the spam folder

...Sorry mrmaxx, I can't think of anything better than what you've already done -- gone upstream.

...Since this does not appear to be an issue with SpamCop Reporting, I have moved it from the "SpamCop Reporting" forum to the "SpamCop Lounge" forum.

Ok. That works. I wasn't sure the ideal place to put it. I did get an auto-reply from L3's abuse desk, not that I think it's going to do any good! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Footnote:

Many of those list servers maintain a bounce delisting option, so if you can manage to get the emails to bounce, you are automatically delisted from that particular email list, and once enough bounces are accrued to your email address, you permanently unsubscribed from them.

Been there, done that. People can no longer put ANY of my domain's email address's into Constant Contact for example. :)

Many of those list servers maintain a bounce delisting option, so if you can manage to get the emails to bounce, you are automatically delisted from that particular email list, and once enough bounces are accrued to your email address, you permanently unsubscribed from them.

Been there, done that. People can no longer put ANY of my domain's email address's into Constant Contact for example.

I managed to get in touch with iContact and they advised that their user had multiple lists and I was only being unsubbed from them one at a time and they removed my email address from their system globally.

Archived