[Resolved] Login Credentials Question

gw1500se

When I created my spamcop account I used what is now a defunct email address. I'm a little confused by my account name and the email address for logging on. I can't use the account name to log in but I don't want to keep using the defunct email address. How do I change the login name without creating a new account? TIA.

When I created my spamcop account I used what is now a defunct email address. I'm a little confused by my account name and the email address for logging on. I can't use the account name to log in but I don't want to keep using the defunct email address. How do I change the login name without creating a new account? TIA.

I suspect you're talking about a Spamcop Reporting account rather than a Spamcop Email account.

But since you posted in the Email support forum, the login credentials for an Email account are your full SC Email address and your SC Email password. Your SC Email login has nothing to do with other Email addresses.

I guess you could also be talking about the forum login too...

Perhaps you could confirm what you're referring to and then you'll get more precise answers.

Andrew

Perhaps you could confirm what you're referring to and then you'll get more precise answers.

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to reporting log in. When I go to the preferences tab the name and address are correct but neither is what I have to use to log in. My forum log in is fine.

Thanks but no that is not the situation. This is really not a big deal but something I was hoping to change. When I bring up the log in page for reporting (www.spamcop.net), the log in information in the upper right fields are what I am referencing. The first field is what I wanted to change. Currently it requires a defunct email address used when I first registered.

..Sorry, I don't see why what you describe is "not the situation." I see that on the log in page for reporting, my e-mail address and "name" are displayed. And when I follow the instructions provided in the link mentioned in my earlier post to which I referred you, I do see a screen (http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=wizard&stage=1) where I can change either or both my name (labeled "Full Name" on the screen) and/ or e-mail address (labeled "Email address") and these match what are displayed on the upper-right corner of my login page. Isn't the "Email address" the field you want to change? Clearly, I am missing something here.... :blink: <confused>

The login email address (username) is set in stone. It can't be changed.

Just think of it as a complicated username from now on.

You can change the address SpamCop uses to contact you to any address you want.

Please don't burden our system by creating a new account just so you can use a a new email address to log in with.

Thanks!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

• 3 weeks later...

The login email address (username) is set in stone. It can't be changed.

Just think of it as a complicated username from now on.

You can change the address SpamCop uses to contact you to any address you want.

Please don't burden our system by creating a new account just so you can use a a new email address to log in with.

Thanks!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Understood. I did change the email address a long time ago. I was hoping to change the log in name as it is an unpleasant reminder but I won't create a new user. Thanks.

Archived