Suggestion: country blacklists

oldjack

Most of the spam that slips through to me is coming from a couple of countries that do not have DNS blacklists available on the Blacklists page.

I think I once read in the forum that more country blacklist options were not offered because they wanted a set of blacklist options that could be generally recommended to be turned on.

If that's the case, how about a link on the Blacklists page to a separate "advanced" page, and make other country blacklists available on that separate page?

I'm not suggesting that a blacklist for every country be added--just a few additional countries that are the source of a lot of spam but are not currently available on the Blacklists page. People who didn't want to use the lists (and people who oppose country blacklists on a philosophical or political basis) wouldn't have to use them, but they would help some people.

I could say goodbye to Glut H. Aquifer and Hellenization S. Suarez and their webmail friends forever.

China, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Nigeria, Singapore, Taiwan, Thiland, India, Wanadoo (fr)  for starters  :rolleyes:

We already have some of those.

JT

I know, I was just grabbibg where the most spam comes from on out servers.

There are more :o

Do you think you will add some more?

The ones I would really like to see, with the most annoying on top, are:

Hong Kong

Russia

Mexico

France

Germany

Maybe someone's done a study of which countries are the biggest sources. Countries probably go on & off the top 10, but I think there are a few whose inclusion would probably be welcomed by consensus.

I'd also like to see comcast on the list.  While not a country, it has a larger userbase than some countries.  Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken a good portion of their network was just added to SPEWS. (residential blocks, not their mail servers)

I'd also like to see comcast on the list.  While not a country, it has a larger userbase than some countries.  Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken a good portion of their network was just added to SPEWS. (residential blocks, not their mail servers)

That's great news! Thanks!

Archived