Report Gmail x SpamCop

guibla

Dear,

I use Gmail every day. I wonder if there is any tool to automatically report spam emails to Spamcop? I have used filtering with redirection to the spamcop email collection, but the same can not read the headers. How should I do?

Tanks,

Guilherme

Hi, Guilherme,

...If you are asking how to automate the entire spam submission process, that is inadvisable (at least IMHO). The whole philosophy of SpamCop reporting is that the SpamCop parser is there to help you properly identify the source of the spam and discover the appropriate "abuse" addresses to which to report the spam; we users are then expected to carefully review the results to determine that this is really spam that should be reported to that/ those abuse address/es.

...If your question is how to report to SpamCop the spam that arrives in your GMail account, please try the following:

• Look for the text box between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO" near the top of any SpamCop Forum page.
  • Type in a search term, such as "report spam gmail" (without the quote marks, in this case, since you are not looking for a phrase, just pages that contain all three words).
  • Review the links that appear on the search results page to see if any help answer your question.

If you have any questions about this or any of the content you see, please post back here as a "Reply" with a follow-up.

...Final note: since you posted to the SpamCop Forum "Suggested Tools and Applications" but your inquiry is not suggesting a tool or application but, rather, about SpamCop Reporting, I am moving this topic into the forum called "SpamCop Reporting Help."

...Good luck!

Dear,

I use Gmail every day. I wonder if there is any tool to automatically report spam emails to Spamcop? I have used filtering with redirection to the spamcop email collection, but the same can not read the headers. How should I do?

Tanks,

Guilherme

I take it you read your Gmail-email online?

In this case you only need to hit the "spam" button in Gmail

I and others I know find that rarely does spam get to my inbox?

You need to "POP" Gmail to get reportable headers from your Gmail inbox

A good way to do this is to use MailWasher which will automatically delete if you choose (also a good idea to report spam to Gmail) and report spam you select, to your super secret email address SpamCop has given you. SpamCop notifies you when report is ready for verification and final reporting.

MailWasher will also notify you when you get email (I have it play me a Beatles tune "Send me a postcard, drop me a line" from "When I'm 64")

Archived