[Resolved] Strange reporting error

whitefort

This has been happening for a day or two.

I go to my held email page. I 'Check all'. Then I "report immediately and trash'. And it seems to work - I get a list of "Submitted for reporting/Moved to trash" messages.

But they're followed by all the exact same spams that I just reported.

Same thing happens when I try to just delete them.

So I can't get rid of any of them, and the list is just getting longer and longer. Is anyone else having this problem (or can anyone suggest a solution?)

Thanks!

Log into your account at http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/login.php, click on the "Held Mail" icon and report your spam from there using the "report as spam" command, as opposed to using the "Report spam" icon, which simply takes you to the reporting side of SpamCop where you have been having trouble.

Or click on the "Folders" icon and empty the Held Mail folder.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Or, if you're a SpamCop email customer (it sounds like you are), you may need to recreate your Trash folder. Check to see if one exists in the "Folders" (or "Open folder"). If not, create one, then go into "Options / Deleting and Moving Messages" and make sure to associate the new Trash folder under "Trash folder." When CES reactivate all of our email accounts, they didn't create Trash folders.

DT

DT - I took a look. My trash folder is there OK.

Everything seems to be working OK now, including my usual method of reporting spam direct from the "Held Email" webpage.

Thanks!

Or, if you're a SpamCop email customer (it sounds like you are), you may need to recreate your Trash folder. Check to see if one exists in the "Folders" (or "Open folder"). If not, create one, then go into "Options / Deleting and Moving Messages" and make sure to associate the new Trash folder under "Trash folder." When CES reactivate all of our email accounts, they didn't create Trash folders.

DT

Archived