**** Please read *** Email Update #5

The new equipment is installed.

We have started the process of restoring old email. If you sent me your email address your old email and folder structure should be back. We will be restoring everyone's email but it is a long process and will take place over several days.

We are checking out some possible issues with VER so be aware if you are reporting spam that you do not report the same spams multiple times. I have no ETA for exactly what the issues are with VER and when they will be solved.

We have started the process of restoring old email. If you sent me your email address your old email and folder structure should be back. We will be restoring everyone's email but it is a long process and will take place over several days.

When I read this update on Saturday night, I took it at face value and understood it to mean that the old email of all the forum users who had specifcally contacted SC Support had been finished as of the posting of this Update, and that the rest of the SC customers' mail (those who hadn't contacted Support) would be finished "over several days."

Apparently, that's not what "email_support" meant, because after being very patient all week long, when I finally griped about mine not being done (after seeing other users happily reporting that they had theirs), I received an email response from Support (to whom I had sent a "I'm losing my patience" message) containing:

"I believe I said that in an update that it was going to take a couple of days to get everything back."

There are clearly still some communication deficiencies (I'm a communications professional), in that what they communicated to us in this "Update" was that if we had contacted them, then *our* accounts should have been done as of the posting of the "your old email and folder structure should be back" statement (the implied word is "now" as in "should now be back").

On behalf of the many other users who were very patient this week (and even those who weren't), I thank the Support staff for what they've done to get this resolved, and encourage better communications going forward, with a bit more specificity and a lot less "mystery" (we had a lot of the latter at the beginning of the week).

Thanks,

DT

When I read this update on Saturday night, I took it at face value and understood it to mean that the old email of all the forum users who had specifcally contacted SC Support had been finished as of the posting of this Update, and that the rest of the SC customers' mail (those who hadn't contacted Support) would be finished "over several days."

Apparently, that's not what "email_support" meant, because after being very patient all week long, when I finally griped about mine not being done (after seeing other users happily reporting that they had theirs), I received an email response from Support (to whom I had sent a "I'm losing my patience" message) containing:

"I believe I said that in an update that it was going to take a couple of days to get everything back."

There are clearly still some communication deficiencies (I'm a communications professional), in that what they communicated to us in this "Update" was that if we had contacted them, then *our* accounts should have been done as of the posting of the "your old email and folder structure should be back" statement (the implied word is "now" as in "should now be back").

On behalf of the many other users who were very patient this week (and even those who weren't), I thank the Support staff for what they've done to get this resolved, and encourage better communications going forward, with a bit more specificity and a lot less "mystery" (we had a lot of the latter at the beginning of the week).

Thanks,

DT

I see my folder structure but no mail in the folders? How long will this take? I need an email in one if the folders by wed which is for a trip and contains flight info.

Archived