Forwarding emails to 3rd party to be trimmed and reported

dboshart

I was wondering if I was able to forward my spam messages (with the original headers) to my IT guy and have him trim and report from his email. Signing up for a new account under his email isn't an issue. I was making sure there wasn't going to be an issue sending the reported email from a 3rd party email address.

Thank you.

forward my spam messages (with the original headers)
That sounds like a risky venture. Your IT guy could easily end up reporting your email rather than the spam.

It is always best if you report your own spam.

have him trim
Yikes! "trim" sounds like "alter" to me, which is a huge taboo with us. SpamCop needs to see the raw spam, just as you got it.

issue sending the reported email from a 3rd party email address.
SpamCop doesn't care where you send the spam from.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Yikes! "trim" sounds like "alter" to me, which is a huge taboo with us. SpamCop needs to see the raw spam, just as you got it.

I am getting the email too larger error, and from the FAQ's and what I've read on the forum spammers do it on purpose. So it was recommended to trim down the email body, but not altering what is left.

I was just making sure that if I paste the header in the forwarded email, that my IT Guy would be able to submit that forwarded message without there really being a problem.

email too larger error
IIt's OK to delete a big part of the body text to bring down the size of the email.

I paste the header in the forwarded email, that my IT Guy would be able to submit that forwarded message without there really being a problem.
I guess you could always try. Keep in mind that if it is your email getting reported, I won't have any sympathy.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Archived