Unable to receive emails from freshandeasy.com

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I finally understand some of the issues with the spam reporting and Exact Target.

What I fail to understand is why no one involved in this issue, including Fresh & Easy tech support, Exact Target tech support, and SC tech support had any clue to what was going on. And all were contacted repeatedly. Even spam Cop tech support initially reported to me that there was no known cause for this problem, and that's the real issue here for me as an end user of the mail system.

What I fail to understand is why no one involved in this issue, including Fresh & Easy tech support, Exact Target tech support, and SC tech support had any clue to what was going on.

To start with, it's certainly the spammers' fault--they have caused email to be a somewhat unreliable means of communication, when it started out by being highly reliable. In the chain of involved parties you mention, the only ones with the key information would have been Exact Target, so they failed you. They should be aware that there are domains (and perhaps certain address patterns) to which their system has been programmed not to send to.

DT

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a CES email customer and so I log into the SC reporting system and look at the recent reports involving the CC servers and see a lot of obvious mistaken reporting (SC users who are reporting messages from nonprofits, legitimate small businesses, and other entities whose lists they've probably subscribed to, etc.).

David, in the past 6 months I have received 4 different mailings from CC that I did not sign up for and they were appropriately reported.

• 1 month later...
David, in the past 6 months I have received 4 different mailings from CC that I did not sign up for and they were appropriately reported.

Earlier in this topic/thread I mentioned that the big ESPs (like Constant Contact) wind up with a few "bad apple" customers who don't follow best email practices, the TOS of the provider, or worse (such as importing harvested lists), but AFAIK, I've NEVER received a single such transmission via Constant Contact. I accept your word that you did, but that's not my point here. My point is that SC *could* choose to work more cooperatively with CC and the other big ESPs to help them identify and get rid of those "bad apples." SC has chosen *not* to do that, and so many legitimate ESP customers and their recipients suffer by the reduced deliverability of desired communications, mostly due to the inflexibility I've already mentioned.

DT

Archived