SPamcop says I'm listed but information is useless

I run an ISP. We have about 5 dialup locations. One of our locations has about 6 of its IPs listed on spamcop, which leads me to believe we've got ourselves a spammer. Obviously, we look *very* condescendingly upon spammers, but we've not received a *single* abuse report, or I'd have dealt with it already.

In the past, the headers spamcop provided for the reported messages had the date, time, etc of when the message was sent, so i could match up the two mail server's timestamps, and then find who was online at that time, and nail them. Recently, Spamcop changed the header to only include a few words and replace most of it with hyphens (-). This is useless to me, as now I can't tell *when* the e-mail was actually sent.

They're not relaying through my mailservers, they're spamming directly from their system, presumably to a compromised SMTP server, but I can't find out who.

Can anyone help me on this? One of our IPs that's listed is 209.112.13.51.

Thank you.

Yep, "we" all agree that the lack of data on those pages sucks for all concerned, but ... real-time and complete data is no longer available due to abuse by the spammers themselves ... just one more thing they've screwed up for everyone ...

That said, the probably more importatn item showing on that page is the line: Been detected sending mail to spam traps .... A nice note to Deputies at admin.pamcop.net might be able to shine some light on the specific issue ... things like this tend to usually end up to being a compromised/infected machine sitting somewhere on the network ... But, again, there's a limit to the info that the Deputies will make available.

I run an ISP.  We have about 5 dialup locations.  One of our locations has about 6 of its IPs listed on spamcop, which leads me to believe we've got ourselves a spammer.  Obviously, we look *very* condescendingly upon spammers, but we've not received a *single* abuse report, or I'd have dealt with it already.

In the past, the headers spamcop provided for the reported messages had the date, time, etc of when the message was sent, so i could match up the two mail server's timestamps, and then find who was online at that time, and nail them.  Recently, Spamcop changed the header to only include a few words and replace most of it with hyphens (-).  This is useless to me, as now I can't tell *when* the e-mail was actually sent.

They're not relaying through my mailservers, they're spamming directly from their system, presumably to a compromised SMTP server, but I can't find out who.

Can anyone help me on this?  One of our IPs that's listed is 209.112.13.51.

Thank you.

Send an email to deputies <at> spamcop.net with the IPs and any other details and we will tell you as much of the bad news as we can. Sounds like spams to the spamtraps so what I can tell you will be limited.

Thank you.

Send an email to deputies <at> spamcop.net with the IPs and any other details and we will tell you as much of the bad news as we can. Sounds like spams to the spamtraps so what I can tell you will be limited.

bleh I kept getting blank screens

Archived