HELP

michelleh

I need to know how this (Spamcop) got installed on my PC (if it did) and how in the world to keep it from returning mail (that was supposed to go to me) to the sender. I do NOT get spam. EVER. And now this thing is bouncing IMPORTANT mail back to the people trying to E-Mail me. The only reason I even know that it is doing it is that a client (I run my business from home) called me asking why it was she was getting mail returned to her and what in the world Spamcop was. Imagine my embarrassment when I had to tell her that I had absolutely no clue what in the world she was talking about! I have searched my computer, and cannot find anything relating to Spamcop. I know FOR A FACT that I did not KNOWINGLY download this program (if that is what it is) and do NOT appreciate having my mail STOLEN from me. I have contacted my ISP and they said that it was a 3rd party program. In my eyes, a program that installs itself on my computer without my permission is far worse than any spam!! I don't like the fact that I had to join just to find out how to keep my personal mail from bouncing back to the sender. Please help me, as I cannot seem to find any kind of E-Mail button anywhere on this site to contact anyone.

Michelle H.

You could use smaller letter size, but there is no spamcop software really...so you are in the wrong place. I am curiously awaiting other people's contribution, this is deffinitely odd...

Bytheway, spamcop doesn't bounce either, it's the ISP that uses blocklists to bounce mails, so your query oughtta be readdressed to your ISP...

First of all, the Font size and color really only serves to make it difficult to wade through your query (you did ask a question, right?)

returning mail (that was supposed to go to me) to the sender.

This suggests that your ISP is doing some blocking of incoming e-mail.

client ... called me asking why it was she was getting mail returned to her and what in the world Spamcop was

So, this would then further suggest that your client got a bounce message from YOUR ISP that indicated that your client's e-mail was bounced due to being included in the SpamCopDNSbl. If your ISP handled things in a nice way, that bounce message would have included a link to the SpamCop BL page that would have offered up some data to that user as to why thier IP address had made it to that list. (though spammers have even ruined this tool, so real-time and complete data is no longer available on that page, but the statistics offered may help)

I have contacted my ISP and they said that it was a 3rd party program.

semantics, definitions, and knowledge problems here. Going back to your ISP using various tools to block incoming spam, use of the SpamCopDNSbl is just another list of IP addresses seen to be sourcing spam spew. It is NOT a "program"

don't like the fact that I had to join just to find out how to keep my personal mail from bouncing back to the sender

Actually, you didn't ... these Forums are open to anyone on a Read-only basis, and you would have found your issues discussed many times .... Even taking a look at the Pinned FAQ "why am I blocked" may have helped explain what was going on, even though it isn't "you" that's being blocked ... you only had to "join" so you could post your missive.

find any kind of E-Mail button anywhere on this site

I'm actually curious as to how you found your way to this "site" .... Normally one would get here via the www.spamcop.net web page, which would seem to suggest you skipped over the FAQ database there, and it would appear that you skipped over looking at the Pinned FAQ items "here" ... though making the assumption that your point ws to make your anger known and really weren't in the mood to do the basic research ..?? At any rate, if/when you make it back here, would you please edit your first post and remove the "big Font" codes at least? As you can see, you've gotten responses despite being so hard to read it.

I need to know how this (Spamcop) got installed on my PC (if it did) and how in the world to keep it from returning mail (that was supposed to go to me) to the sender. I do NOT get spam. EVER. And now this thing is bouncing IMPORTANT mail back to the people trying to E-Mail me. The only reason I even know that it is doing it is that a client (I run my business from home) called me asking why it was she was getting mail returned to her and what in the world Spamcop was. Imagine my embarrassment when I had to tell her that I had absolutely no clue what in the world she was talking about! I have searched my computer, and cannot find anything relating to Spamcop. I know FOR A FACT that I did not KNOWINGLY download this program (if that is what it is) and do NOT appreciate having my mail STOLEN from me. I have contacted my ISP and they said that it was a 3rd party program. In my eyes, a program that installs itself on my computer without my permission is far worse than any spam!! I don't  like the fact that I had to join just to find out how to keep my personal mail from bouncing back to the sender. Please help me, as I cannot seem to find any kind of E-Mail button anywhere on this site to contact anyone. 

Michelle H.

Since the SCBL contains IP addresses, not email addresses or domain names maybe you'll be good enough to reveal the IP that you're ranting about.

Archived