[Resolved] Reporting spam from Multiple Email Addresses

Krypton

I have a feeling that the answer is a simple "no" but I couldn't find proof one way or another.

Is it possible to submit spam reports, from *one* SpamCop account, on behalf of multiple email addresses?

For example, I have 4 different email addresses... can I use my one sole SpamCop account to submit spam received on all 4 of these email addresses? If not, is it suggested to create 4 different SpamCop accounts, or is there a way to set it to accept spam received on different emails?

I tried submitting spam received on a second email account (NOT the one I registered my SpamCop account with) this evening and I received an error... It may have been coincidental though.

Thanks!

Ah, good, Don has responded, can't get more authoritative than that.

If you have already had errors with a trial submission through the webform submission method you might be having difficulty in getting the full, unmodified headers (detail of the error message will indicate it) but that is just a detail, for which you can get help (and there are FAQs on the issues - How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email?, Problems with spam not in original format, etc.).

Not sure about mailhosting for webform submission and for e-mail submission for a "reporting only" account, again Don could help if it is/becomes an issue.

Too many variables to second-guess, just be aware not to "report" one of your own service providers for simply delivering your mail.

Thanks to both of you for the responses.

The error I had received was via email... I tried forwarding a spam email to SpamCop (rather than using the webform) using a different email account than I've used in the past and I had it rejected with an error. I had never reported any spam from that email address in the past, so I thought the error may have been connected to using a different email account.

No big deal, it was probably just a fluke.

Archived