ISP reports spam resolved but im still receiving spam

zebedy

Hi.

I have been reporting some spam from a constant spammer but today i get the message

ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after 27 May 2012 11:27:11 +0100

and im unable to report it,I am still receiving spam from this person so what should i do ?

Thanks

This comes up from time to time zebedy - the deputies will monitor the situation and if the undertaking is not met the bar on reporting will be lifted to allow reporting once more. Senders are allowed a little leeway for previous spam messages to clear the internet but once it becomes obvious any efforts to clean up the server have been unsuccessful (or not undertaken) then they're back in the cement mixer.

You might like to write to the deputies or to the administrator if it seems to you that the promised resolution is not in hand:

deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net or

service[at]admin.spamcop.net (no need for both).

I had one the other day from ntnu.edu.tw (T-NTNU.EDU.TW-NET) - looked to me like it originated after the claimed resolution date but I didn't query it, let it slide. I got a similar one from the same source a couple of days later and this time it reported fine. The system works though it sometimes seems "they" have more than enough latitude - but the deputies are the best judge of that, I think.

Steve S

This comes up from time to time zebedy - the deputies will monitor the situation and if the undertaking is not met the bar on reporting will be lifted to allow reporting once more. Senders are allowed a little leeway for previous spam messages to clear the internet but once it becomes obvious any efforts to clean up the server have been unsuccessful (or not undertaken) then they're back in the cement mixer.

You might like to write to the deputies or to the administrator if it seems to you that the promised resolution is not in hand:

deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net or

service[at]admin.spamcop.net (no need for both).

I had one the other day from ntnu.edu.tw (T-NTNU.EDU.TW-NET) - looked to me like it originated after the claimed resolution date but I didn't query it, let it slide. I got a similar one from the same source a couple of days later and this time it reported fine. The system works though it sometimes seems "they" have more than enough latitude - but the deputies are the best judge of that, I think.

Steve S

Thanks Steve I'll give that a try

Archived