I can't send email to 2 persons

tchernopuss

Hello,

Since a few days, there are two adresses which I can't send e-mails. Before that, there were no problems, and I have no problems with other persons. By the way, I know people who can send mails to these adresses at the moment. The message I receive back when trying to send them something is :

The original message was received at Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:15:59 +0200 from TVT-CaTV-dhcp-52-206.urbanet.ch [80.238.52.206]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <XXXXX[at]XXXX.XX>

(reason: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [62.2.95.XXX] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?62.2.95.XXX)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to mx1.vtx.ch.:

>>> DATA

<<< 554 Service unavailable; Client host [62.2.95.XXX] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?62.2.95.XXX

554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

<<< 554 Error: no valid recipients

Second one goes like this :

The original message was received at Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:15:52 +0200 from TVT-CaTV-dhcp-52-206.urbanet.ch [80.238.52.206]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <XXXXXXX[at]XXXXX.XXX>

(reason: 591  your host [62.2.95.XXX] is blacklisted by bl.spamcop.net. No mail will be accepted)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to smtp2.ipworldcom.ch.:

>>> DATA

<<< 591  your host [62.2.95.XXX] is blacklisted by bl.spamcop.net. No mail will be accepted

554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

<<< 554 no valid RCPT address specified

Yes I did, but I can't explain what's goin on. A few weeks ago, I was blacklist because it seemed that someone used my IP to send spam, as my access provider told me. And it was two days for me to get un-blacklisted. At that time no email could be sent from my computer, except through webmail ; but I received more than one. Right now, i can send mails, except to these two adresses, so the situation is different and I don't seem to be blacklisted, It's them who seem to be blacklisted...???

someone used my IP to send spam

Hard to fill in the balnks ... do you run your own e-mail server? Or is "your IP" actually "their e-mail server" that you get to use? Big difference and more questions possible ...

At that time no email could be sent from my computer, except through webmail

There again, filling in the blanks .. your "webmail" meaning something like HotMail, Yahoo, etc.?? And there's this "from my computer" question again ... are you running your own e-mail server or using your ISP's?

i can send mails, except to these two adresses, so the situation is different and I don't seem to be blacklisted, It's them who seem to be blacklisted

No, I'd say your understanding is backwards ... you can send e-mail, and you can receive e-mail from them .. so they're not apparently blocked. What I read you as saying is that their ISP has the source IP of your e-mail blocked, and once again, is that "your computer" or your ISP's server IP?

And as you've offered no specific data, that's as far as I can go ....

Hello,

Since a few days, there are two adresses which I can't send e-mails. Before that, there were no problems, and I have no problems with other persons. By the way, I know people who can send mails to these adresses at the moment.

Actually, it appears an IP your mail travels through is in the spamcop blacklist. You probably can not send messages to any email address that uses that blacklist, not just those 2. The two addresess (usually ISP's) bouncing are using that blocklist. The other addresses you are sending to are not using the list. The people who can send to those addresses are not using the same servers to send their message, so are not blocked.

Archived