Reporting problems today?

mrmaxx

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats are certainly ramping up - "better" than they've been for quite a while. I guess some patience is needed until everything comes right.

The venom of that ancient arachnid, the Sydney funnel-web spider, is apparently lethal to only two classes of vertebrate animal - baby mice and the higher primates (including humans). I don't want to know exactly how this was determined but it certainly explains why csouter and petzl shake out their thongs each morning before donning them. But the point is, there were no baby mice or higher primates in Australia for countless millions of years, until some 65,000 - 55,000 years ago. No doubt that in the interim, for 300 million years, the funnel-web forums resounded with the queries "Are we there yet?" and the response "Patience my brothers, they WILL come." I don't think we'll have to wait that long. Anyway, a funnel-web is battling to eat even a baby mouse let alone a whole human, even a small one. But that's another story.

Regardless...it may also be instructive to know that toxins extracted from the funnel-web venom also make wonderfull tools for neuroscientists like me ...So as an old saying goes, there is a ray of light in every dark coener...let's just hope we move back in the sun and out of this cave once more!

I think what's important to note is that there is a significant difference in the time it takes to acknowledge bulk submitals (that do not look for weblinks inside spam) and manual submitals that do. This may be an indication that the lookout of weblinks is either crippled or deliberately slows down SC. I am getting a lot of devnulls from those that point especially to websites with ru (Russian) extention. Those guys are the most resilient spammers and in general specialize in pills or exporting brides!

Where is today's update?

<snip>

..."Regular" does not necessarily imply daily, especially if there's nothing new to report. :) <g>

...But I'll risk providing an update for today that I'd think should be acceptable to SpamCop:

<snip>

...And today's was posted by Don D'Minion (SpamCopAdmin) 81968[/snapback].

I'm an admin guy whose tools mostly don't work. I can't do anything but watch this train wreck unfold.

Don,

Just remember, train wrecks are really cool to watch - as long as you aren't the one responsible for:

1) keeping the train on the rails to begin with

2) repairing the tracks afterward

3) environmental cleanup

4) the one with their cargo or loved ones (or themselves) on the train

SpamCop is not working normally.

By that, I mean it works sometimes and not others.

Trust me when I say we are working on this. The engineers are pulling their hair out, and I am sending inane boilerplate to the people who write to me.

I'm an admin guy whose tools mostly don't work. I can't do anything but watch this train wreck unfold.

I'm truly sorry about that!

- Don D'Pressed - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Thanks for the update Don. We'll sit back and wait while y'all do all the work. You'll get it eventually. Good luck!!!

Everything has been working great the past few days, and I am no longer experiencing any negative issues what-so-ever !

What was the resolution of the problem (was this hardware, software, networking) ?

Just Curious,

CPUJohn

Illinois, USA

Don,

Just remember, train wrecks are really cool to watch - as long as you aren't the one responsible for:

1) keeping the train on the rails to begin with

2) repairing the tracks afterward

3) environmental cleanup

4) the one with their cargo or loved ones (or themselves) on the train

5) mother earth (in this case, the Intarwebnets)

I have not been able to process my spam in several ours, looks like it is broken again!

The usual it seems:

Parsing header:

got sigalarm, taking too long to process, aborted.

Perhaps you can wait a few minutes and reload?

Statistic page confirms my obsrvation, we are back to insignificant output!

Hooray, my account has been reactivated ... finally. But trying to check unreported spam we are back to

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.af4d1160.1342220343.109fd566

At least it is progress..... :)

Working fine for me at the moment (Sydney, Australia, 09:57am, UTC+1000)! :D

Just reported 15 spams (manually, via copy-and-paste into the reporting page).

It took about 15 minutes, which is about normal for me.

Keep up the good work, SpamCop admins! :D

Emailed quick reports are going through with no long delays but the full reports via email are timing out for some batches of submissions. Waiting 15 minutes and trying them again seems to get them sent most of the time, a couple times I had to give the system more time to get back up to speed.

Archived