Reporting problems today?

mrmaxx

I would like to cancel and receive a refund. How do I do that?
Hi, PandA,

...You don't say for what you would like a refund. Requesting a refund of all or part of a $30 annual e-mail subscription is done at the "Contact us" page. If you wish to request a refund of a payment you made for reporting fuel, I would suggest that you send an e-mail with that request to Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net (I was able to discover both of these bits of information by doing a search on "refund" and perusing the topics that were returned). If you want a refund for the $15 worth of reporting fuel that SpamCop gave us active reporters after the recent troubles, IIUC there is nothing to refund because that was a gift.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to cancel and receive a refund. How do I do that?

Write to support[at]spamcop.net

Give them your login username (SpamCop email address) and tell them you want a refund.

That should do it.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Hey, is this problem ever going to be fixed? I know some time ago, it was on the main page that it would be. But I just got back a message that I can't report spam.....

IPv6 addresses are not supported.

Any update on that one?

Hey, is this problem ever going to be fixed? I know some time ago, it was on the main page that it would be. But I just got back a message that I can't report spam.....

IPv6 addresses are not supported.

Any update on that one?

Thanks for asking. I'm interested in that as well...

>- I just got back a message that I can't report spam.....

Everything seems fine on this end. What message did you get?

>- IPv6 addresses are not supported.

The new code will support IPv6 and it should be ready Tuesday.

Thanks for the update - urged on by fervent prayer how could it not? Badly needed by some it seems though I confess that very little of my own mail of any sort, so far, has had IPv6 header lines.

Thanks for the update - urged on by fervent prayer how could it not? Badly needed by some it seems though I confess that very little of my own mail of any sort, so far, has had IPv6 header lines.

Very few of mine too, but every time I get one it makes me feel that this spammer has found a way to thwart SpamCop and get impunity. Happy to know it will soon be fixed (and I hope that unexpected problems won't get it rolled back again).

Very few of mine too, but every time I get one it makes me feel that this spammer has found a way to thwart SpamCop and get impunity. Happy to know it will soon be fixed (and I hope that unexpected problems won't get it rolled back again).

Are we becoming to reliant on SpamCop?

I just got my first IPV6 and reported the source IP 209.239.112.24 abuse[at]hostingsolutionsint.com which seems a VERY spam friendly criminal

>- I just got back a message that I can't report spam.....

Everything seems fine on this end. What message did you get?

Oh thanks for that news. I don't get many, but why let a few escape ya know?

Ok, this is happening more and more.

whois.ripe.net 46.190.159.28 (nothing found)

No reporting addresses found for 46.190.159.28, using devnull for tracking.

how can that be? It came in from somewhere. And doesn't "devnull" mean it goes nowhere?

how can that be? It came in from somewhere. And doesn't "devnull" mean it goes nowhere?

See http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12479

Hopefully the code change (delayed until this week) will fix the parser's long-standing ripe lookup problem.

You need to look around a little outside of this one topic.

• 1 year later...

IIUC, "reporting to devnull" means that no actual email is sent, but that that IP address is still fed to the SCBL. If enough spam messages are "reported to devnull.spamcop.net" for that IP, anything more from the same source will be marked as suspect by any spamfighting software using the SCBL.

There are several reasons why no reporting address was found. The first of these that comes to my mind is when the reporting address listed in the official whois database is found to be bouncing, i.e., a bogus email address for which no mail (or at least, no mail from spamcop) is accepted.

All of that agrees with my understanding too Tony. One recently discussed in the newsgroups:

94.25.228.18 : abuse[at]obscured-domain (and of course devnulled for SC reports)

... which is the abuse address given in the RIPE database, which seems like an abuse of process to me - and as such may be reportable to RIPE:

http://www.ripe.net/data-tools/abuse/how-t...reporting-abuse

http://www.ripe.net/contact/reporting-procedure

(The above IP address one of a great number in the SCARTEL infrastructure for yota.ru, abused extensively by the Russian mafia - and maybe some whitehat vigilantes - in their interminable little range wars, the splash-back of which is being seen by SC reporters currently - not to mention the occasional bleat in these forums from "innocent victims".)

Archived