"dynamic host, untrusted as relay"?

nealc

Hi all.

First post here, but Spamcop reporting user for 10+ years.

Some of my mail arrives via a hosting company (Fasthosts.co.uk). When spam has arrived by that route, Spamcop will only parse the header back as far as the hosting company server, saying "smtp-in-126.livemail.co.uk looks like a dynamic host, untrusted as relay". I can see the rest of the trail - but Spamcop ain't looking.

Example here: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5351522960z6...e9f3de448e0c23z

Question is, how might I get Spamcop to see the hosting company mail servers in question as a trustworthy corporate relay, rather than a suspect dynamic home-user system?

Regards,

Neal

Hi, Neal,

...Sorry to hear of your problem. Have you gone through the SpamCop "Mailhosts" process recently (for more information, see SpamCop FAQ, to which links appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page, articles with "Mailhost" in the title)? I assume yes because otherwise I'd have expected Don to suggest it (as SpamCop staff, Don is able to see things that we vanilla users can not).

Hi, Neal,

...Sorry to hear of your problem. Have you gone through the SpamCop "Mailhosts" process recently (for more information, see SpamCop FAQ, to which links appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page, articles with "Mailhost" in the title)? I assume yes because otherwise I'd have expected Don to suggest it (as SpamCop staff, Don is able to see things that we vanilla users can not).

That's a good thought, sounds like it might be an answer.

Don't think I have done the mailhosts thing, possibly ever (how can I tell?). I've a fairly complex/messy setup that the basic mailhost instructions don't seem to apply to ("real" address?) - so this will take a while to get my head around. Maybe tomorrow...

Archived