[Resolved] Time Outs

Lodewijk

Hi!

Lately I have had frequent time-outs when trying to report spam to my SC page. Even when trying to log in after the log in page finally appears -when it does- I get time-outs. And also when finally logged in, but waiting for a reaction after hitting the report link.

I just got this message for example:

.....................................................................................................................

"The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.5514f7d4.1341306235.4d52c499"

I wonder if others have this too.

Hi!

Lately I have had frequent time-outs when trying to report spam to my SC page. Even when trying to log in after the log in page finally appears -when it does- I get time-outs. And also when finally logged in, but waiting for a reaction after hitting the report link.

I just got this message for example:

.....................................................................................................................

"The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.5514f7d4.1341306235.4d52c499"

I wonder if others have this too.

Yes SpamCop is broken "All the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put SpamCop yogether again"

But they are working on it

SC is better than all the kings man and horses together: it's fixed. I now was able to report 15 accumulated spam mails fast. :D

Thank you SC. B)

Not working now for me :(

Looking at the stats charts - lengthy periods of 3 messages a second or less being handled. Several "short" breaks of no processing at all. Learn from Wall Street young Cricket - get in on the rising trend. Sorry, the Devil made me do it.

Looking at the stats charts - lengthy periods of 3 messages a second or less being handled. Several "short" breaks of no processing at all. Learn from Wall Street young Cricket - get in on the rising trend. Sorry, the Devil made me do it.

Obviously something happened when we lost the stats chart but reporting was unaffected. When the stats chart came back reporting spam became a more miss than hit?

Just now

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.da81093d.1341368487.35efd69f

Yep, timing is certainly suspicious - could be the clue (certainly the engineers must have considered it) but system complexity these days approaches the chaotic. To paraphrase the fifty third calypso of the Books of Bokonon:

Nice, nice, very nice --

So many different process

In the same device.

Steve

It did work normally for me yesterday reporting that batch of accumulated spam finally. But since then...

Just now:

"Gateway Timeout

Reference #1.5514f7d4.1341418215.57b7376a"

But:

"Patience is a beautiful virtue."

:D

It did work normally for me yesterday reporting that batch of accumulated spam finally. But since then...

Just now:

"Gateway Timeout

Reference #1.5514f7d4.1341418215.57b7376a"

But:

"Patience is a beautiful virtue."

:D

Seems to be affecting the spamcop home page too. I've been seeing reports in the "Reporting help" section, and have experienced it myself.

Still the same today. Tried at various hours. Impossible to report spam. Would be nice to see it fixed.

In the mean time just get used to the delete button

When SpamCop does get back this will hit spammers off-guard and be even more effective

Agreed. While it is useful to have this topic under "Networking issues" (because it is one of the two logical places the problem might be discussed) the actual problem is one with the reporting system and the bulk of the discussion is over there:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12488

Suggest further discussion take place there.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Archived