[Resolved] Interpreting Senderbase DNS TXT RDATA responses

jugovich_norc

When do a dnsbl query tfor a given ip on query.senderbase.org: I get a TXT response back such as the below example:

(<DNS IN TXT rdata: "0-0=1|1=CentralWare|4=5513528|8=8|45=N|46=29|48=29|49=1.00|50=Montreal|51=QC|52=h3e1z6|53=CA|54=-73.5833|55=45.5">, 0)

My question is, is there any documentation out there describing what each of the key-value pairs means. If so could you please reply to this post with a link or an appropriate google search. I know that it is reputation data and I can guess at a few of the values but really would like to see some official documentation. Been looking for a couple of hours and have not been able to find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Don't know that you'll tap into any SenderBase expertise in these forums (never even knew you could do a lookup on query.senderbase.org myself, only knowing about the web-based lookups as linked under http://www.senderbase.org/help/main - but maybe you can cross reference results from an online lookup with those from the DNSbl lookup). The last time a forum member from "here" contacted SB "If you have questions, have found a possible bug, or have recommendations for improving the site, please email us at support[at]senderbase.org " he basically found out you need to be an IronPort/SenderBase customer to get anywhere.

Thanks for the reply Farelf. While our company uses barracuda for our spam filtering we do other business with cisco. Someone in my company is contacting our rep and maybe we will get some info back. If I do and I am allowed to share it I will post the details here.

Thanks,

Michael

Archived