Attacking spammers Brazil particuarly

petzl

Just go to hotmail Gmail put in the spamvertised email address and forgot password then resset password

Worst that happens is the owner will get a email to reset password

Noticed a lot of Brazil spammers like giving a Hotmal account as a abuse address

Like 5.153.4.250 gives brenarotoli[at]hotmail.com

Which is in breach of Hotmail ToS

http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal/EN/US...efault.aspx#EEB

The spam I got from this ****

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5385678412zd...f491938a387553z

I suspect these Brazilian ****'s are IP hopping their servers to avoid blocking

Another Brazil spammer here give return address as

guplanejados[at]hotmail.com

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5385726975za...b1a33cc035dd5fz

Slight chance address could be a joe job or hacked so do not see any problem in requiring a passord reset?

Any thoughts good or bad appreciated

Speechless Petzl ... well, almost. I don't like hotmail, gmail abuse/contact addresses either but never would have thought of that :P . It is, of course, a form of abuse itself and not sure I could accept the "all in the interests of a higher good" rationalisation. If I did, my name would probably be Bob Brown (sorry non-Aussies, a local allusion - Jabirr Jabirr people, traditional custodians, whales, emotion versus science/evidence, question of white activists hijacking Aboriginal agendas). Well, I'm not going to judge you. But nor will I emulate.*

*P.S. Have to add that's easy for me to say - I can't recall the last time I got spam from Brazil.

Speechless Petzl ... well, almost. I don't like hotmail, gmail abuse/contact addresses either but never would have thought of that :P . It is, of course, a form of abuse itself and not sure I could accept the "all in the interests of a higher good" rationalisation. If I did, my name would probably be Bob Brown (sorry non-Aussies, a local allusion - Jabirr Jabirr people, traditional custodians, whales, emotion versus science/evidence, question of white activists hijacking Aboriginal agendas). Well, I'm not going to judge you. But nor will I emulate.*

*P.S. Have to add that's easy for me to say - I can't recall the last time I got spam from Brazil.

I'm also looking at their spamvertised websites going to log-in sites and clicking "lost password please reset"

Makes them work for their abuse good fun :lol:

Till I'm told to stop I won't they won't stop their spam. Don't know how I got onto Brazils spam list all have the confirm your address (unsubscribe) Very little gets past SpamAssasin and gets held. After that they get held by MailWasher and fully reported (Brazil seem immune as there is no action that I see)

• 3 weeks later...

Slight chance address could be a joe job or hacked so do not see any problem in requiring a password reset?

I am NOT a computer expert, I just hate HATE HATE spam. I never considered attempting to log into their email account and request a password reset. Imagine if the most reported spammer was selected each day and ALL of us requested a password change...... I do have concerns about stooping to their level.....but not enough to stop me.

Slight chance address could be a joe job or hacked so do not see any problem in requiring a password reset?

I am NOT a computer expert, I just hate HATE HATE spam. I never considered attempting to log into their email account and request a password reset. Imagine if the most reported spammer was selected each day and ALL of us requested a password change...... I do have concerns about stooping to their level.....but not enough to stop me.

Well this address was listed as an abuse address. Were not interest in logging into their account just resetting their account password. Seemed to stop spam from them?

Not had success in stopping them/Brazil after years of trying.

Don't care if S/He drops dead from cancer.

The worlds now a better place because of stopping this Brazilian spammer.

Although I'm still getting an over dose of spam from other Brazil spammers

Archived