Farelf

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of today, this no longer works for me. Any other ways to do this?

Yes, Yahoo has broken themselves again with their latest upgrade, pretty, but technically useless for us. Their undocumented "shift-alt-f" worked until their last upgrade. In fact, for me (attempted on Firefox, Chrome, IE) their own "view full header" selection doesn't even work, so now you can do absolutely nothing to report spam.

I've sent them a support email that asks why every other large provider (Gmail, Outlook, AOL, etc.) has found a way to get full sourcecode in two clicks and why they make it so inconvenient/impossible to do the same, each and every single time they "upgrade" their email.

Since they've abolished working from home and have all their employees available for "better collaboration/innovation," there's no excuse not to see some results and get up to speed with industry standards.

their own "view full header" selection doesn't even work, so now you can do absolutely nothing to report spam.

There's a new View Full Header link - when you're viewing the spam, click on More at the bottom of the message, the View Full Header link there does work. At least it does using FF on my desktop...

There's a new View Full Header link - when you're viewing the spam, click on More at the bottom of the message, the View Full Header link there does work. At least it does using FF on my desktop...

Ok, so I see that, and I copy and paste it into spamcop, and it says it has no body. So this does not work.

However I did copy and paste the full header back into the message at the top, then sent it to Spamcop, and that worked! A little harder than before, but at least possible.

See my message here http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13574 where I set out the steps to report it within Yahoo. More clicks but not so bad.

Edited by goofy173

<snip>

I copy and paste it into spamcop, and it says it has no body.

<snip>

...Please forgive me if this is an entirely stupid question but, taking what you wrote at face value, I can not resist inquiring: did you insert a blank line at the end of those headers and then also paste in the spam body (or, if the actual spam body was empty, paste in some text like "[no body]")?

There is a setting that you can change in yahoo, that will allow you to forward as an attachment still using the shift-alt-f method. If you go into your yahoo mail settings, and turn off conversation(s), it works. I've tested two forward as attachment emails to my spamcop reporting address, and it finds the headers. Hope this helps everyone.

Edited by MattB253

• 2 weeks later...

There is a setting that you can change in yahoo, that will allow you to forward as an attachment still using the shift-alt-f method. If you go into your yahoo mail settings, and turn off conversation(s), it works. I've tested two forward as attachment emails to my spamcop reporting address, and it finds the headers. Hope this helps everyone.

I think they changed something again at Yahoo to make SHIFT-ALT-F work because my conversations has always been disabled. Now I just went and tried it again just for the heck of it, and it works. Edited by goofy173

Thanks for the observations guys, glad to see there's a way through. I've been stranded for a month with just an iPad (totally unfamiliar device apparently optimized to frustrate anyone over 40) and unable to try out the recent suggestions as they unfolded but you seem to have "cracked it". Forum-power at its best.

• 6 months later...

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5890058570z9...9ba37238359640z

another one

there is info there that its something to do with my mailhost, so several times I've followed directions to resolve what it says, but even that fails. Here's what it says:

Host 98.139.210.161 (checking ip) IP not found ; 98.139.210.161 discarded as fake.

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

The email sample you submitted for xxxxx[at]yahoo.com

appears to traverse more than one domain.

Please ensure that you configure each mailhost individually and in order.

Then going thru all that it gets to a point where I can request a waiver, so I did, but it's been awhile and I've heard nothing.

So what changed? As I've said many times, it was fine a few weeks ago. No change on my end. Using the same Win7, computer, everything, since it was working.

When reporting spam e-mail using Spamcop, I have started to frequently get the error message "Mailhost configuration problem, identified internal IP as source". Therefore, I attempted to fix my mailhost configuration; but I continue to get the error message with a number of spam e-mails (which has recently grown to be the majority of the spam that I receive, I think). In my attempts to fix my mailhost configuration, I ran all the tests for hosts with my main e-mail provider (Yahoo) and removed hosts for two e-mail addresses that are no longer active (i.e. Freeserve/ Orange and leeds.ac.uk). I seem to get problems either if I use the cut-and-paste method to report e-mail (i.e. obtaining the header with "View Full Header" and cutting and pasting the body of the message separately) or the Shift-Alt-F method to forward the entire message, including the full header, as an attachment.

I had a look in the forums for users with similar problems. I have already contacted service[at]spamcop.net to report difficulties of this kind with spam reporting. I received a reply that Yahoo had made changes to their headers; and that the SpamCop admin had made the necessary fixes to the reporting service. However, I am still getting the mailhost configuration and other related errors with the majority of my reported spam at the moment.

From manually examining the content of headers, it looks like Yahoo routes high volume e-mail (including spammers) via other servers; but that may be either totally wrong or not responsible for the difficulties. I have included output for a recent failed spam report below.

I would be interested in suggestions for workarounds, up to and including suggesting alternatives to SpamCop for spam reporting (although I don't think there are any similar free or free-ish services currrently in existence),

William

X-Apparently-To: x via 98.139.244.196; Sun, 18 May 2014 09:14:35 +0000

X-YahooFilteredBulk: 69.95.226.24

Received-SPF: none (domain of mail.mn does not designate permitted sender hosts)

X-YMailISG: WPfrl2sWLDseYx32DFRpq5xCuZN88.HL0s7woTovLBiCIlAs

I_tiKs93UinqkzzHwy7mPtAxnQcLE..r4yPW_upCsz2pkKhKJ0iztcGt.olk

f3gL2R.Ugpc5r8xoEy_cY7LjT71thPyjSuy8LoNKbNdplBboU_ZRkQ.nVm.F

aU8eMN6_4MryFVEUjvF4ySQNa8nFOrCRNsqxQAeIJ73XkC5315I1Rhwgkb1B

bG8DG_RkdvHFg5NApExvIK3vmT.AWUKnS5Th7t1.pwSF.8sRl9nd9hs4j9Aj

_yPRrstIrehljVaXTRqLEB0Gd1X4CSI1Akrw75ais2Asl7Arj994XN2LA7oW

VuUzQYOc_49iiSAR5BJl11AC3Wh7lM8RpjdsJ2SzS7vKFxPE1u1FX5iV4eyj

PIR6JnH19vJdMuhDmhuSIUsRVWmF9ogfgzSzXArP2EFyJeCyR1g9rajVpdVl

EztbQYClje4BykEc2xO9ZloguzYJJcRZ59YGeKkyF3X2151qKCXu3CmziTEv

TF2N44QT_e1GMQ4e6kgAnYicse2e9VL6xVe8ouTQ0yG0v0oECRY9WWWwkldU

uJmj.3qqu8HTtRrqzUnqRIUY7yQ9MDCgvWvBkM8B3RXGeZDZCcs5caw7Ii75

4B0hNyVeP5b5DB3SvcOyrb6UxXjHEBPguKbDdauMpfopXIy.HZGRhSH2l5IJ

1rpH0Twc190OEO_NdR3gKduJoYeoY9EIq3d78FOXgOsw3n5hr5irW8JvuJbG

h8Ld6ft8UIuWs7MXouXKtMk4IO3uAz2_g_e3E97ZXUl2CHUm8mpcq5J0MCpS

JbDjFF2Bb1uwuvSAgFCIMpsSbjX9YcVALYUc995XNQSKg47He56rrgUQVkxO

UmPONt01PFX.iGdxxNd4ukJWtJhh0gg36oIdrQeiv8GQIYQceimf6uOQAFUJ

85fVffEAQEM3KORST1HeKPeBrIvzVqSvQsj3YhRo9KZ1jD7hn6XBgucQz7h_

oHHgIQw60QErKfEMv4aPCRVvOLzTzT.WDXBrO1J9D8B5FZ1.Jl6TS9BFv4bA

DbWD_iY6YR9elsbyi_ae2P1U72hq0I9LevvehxJPOTQfKx9hAsf3MyxpTvxO

eSLpmCKJQCX0hh9h8.qJBgRaaQStLVj7.sBcq_YE6bDEuKrXzff4eGvKEMkY

X1NMiPf4_Et.NWV2DIi7tZ5YgfbInL68ehLEvbjQWH_AqHjq7cpJUe2nRd8O

QRfV6.VvPW4zzq..aGTIwVbhjnop6UvSexDoXm1SONDlx_7unuClXlgL9XjD

CKrA7qgwoxuqW1uDFNYEEUfaBnLwxpcPLlsb_h4M5PwLWHsdGp1EzlY.27PL

8NKO55gIXfVCiYrWWi0u41A_TfS.kRQL5N2KgS2joTwA_5BLo15pWs5AcPAy

TDqpKEJ4z6e0B5e5Jmij25JbKFQXbswJp29EK5PZY0uyyLdAANU-

X-Originating-IP: [69.95.226.24]

Authentication-Results: mta1291.mail.ne1.yahoo.com from=mail.mn; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=mail.mn; dkim=neutral (no sig)

Received: from 98.139.244.196 (98.139.244.196) by 72.30.236.214(72.30.236.214); Sun, 18 May 2014 09:14:35 +0000

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO smtpbig004.onecommunications.net) (EHLO mta1291.mail.ne1.yahoo.com) (69.95.226.24)

by mta1291.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 18 May 2014 09:14:34 +0000

Received: (qmail 16678 invoked from network); 18 May 2014 09:14:19 -0000

Received: from unknown (HELO ?192.168.1.5?) (66.0.134.65)

by smtpbig004.onecommunications.net with SMTP; 18 May 2014 09:14:19 -0000

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Description: Mail message body

Subject: TRANSFER OF $9.7M DOLLARS

To: x <x>

Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 04:14:03 -0500

Reply-To: williams.mary64[at]yahoo.com.ph

Content-Length: 672

View entire message

Parsing header:

0: Received: from 98.139.244.196 (98.139.244.196) by 72.30.236.214(72.30.236.214); Sun, 18 May 2014 09:14:35 +0000

Hostname verified: web142616.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Will not trust this Received line.

Mailhost configuration problem, identified internal IP as source

Mailhost:

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

Hi, goofy173,

...Please use the search tool at the top of any SpamCop Forum page for:

Yahoo "discarded as fake" 2014

and peruse the articles whose links are returned .

The search as you describe it actually gives the error message:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Presumably you did not actually try this search yourself, or you would know that it doesn't work. I think the word that causes the problem is "as" although it is embedded in a phrase in quotation marks. Searching with:

Yahoo discarded fake 2014

gives 17 pages of results which is a substantial number (very roughly 400?) of topics/ threads to search through manually for relevant help,

William

William, Steve T's search (exactly as posted) should return this page

https://www.google.com/search?cof=S%3Ahttp%...rum.spamcop.net

- which is a more manageable 6 results, hopefully one or more of which will assist. Without the quotes it still only returns 10 results.

I think perhaps you used [Enter words to search...][GO] window control on the index page or the the "Search" link (any page) above that. Steve meant the -

[search for -->] [..................] [GO] [spamCop Forum & SpamCop FAQ][â–¼] window (any page)

- even further up the page. I've confused myself with the differing searches time enough before now - yes, they're each a little different in how they work.

HTH

Steve S

The search as you describe it actually gives the error message:

<snip>

Hi, William,

...Oops, I'm sorry, I should have been more specific: you seem to have used the link labeled "Search" at the top right, under the graphic image, between the links labeled "Help" and "Members," right? I was referring to the search box tool nearer the very top of the screen, under the links in white labeled "SPAMCOP HOME" and "SPAMCOP FAQ," between the white "button" labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO," as described above by Steve S (Farelf).

I got the mailhost waiver, but it did not help.

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5893492432z7...7c9679d2d6b742z

I've used Spamcop for many years, and even paid for the service for a few of those, but honestly, it doesn't do any good to report them anymore, and being that now many of mine can't report from Yahoo, I'm going to move on and just ignore spam. Yahoo does a pretty good job putting spam in the spam folder. I only get like 2 a week and I've had this Yahoo address since Yahoo bought Geocities so my address is all over the place on the Interweb Tubes.

Thanks for all your help but It's time for me to go.

Later guys.

Edited by goofy173

• 3 months later...

Shift-Alt-F was working for me until yesterday, now suddenly today it simply brings up a normal forwarding window and puts the message "in-Line". Has anyone else experienced this? I tried it on 2 different browsers just to be sure.

Yup, something appears to be changing at Yahoo's end - shift-alt-f was working earlier today, but now I also get the regular fowarding window (which doesn't keep the spam intact).

Shift-Alt-F was working for me until yesterday, now suddenly today it simply brings up a normal forwarding window and puts the message "in-Line". Has anyone else experienced this? I tried it on 2 different browsers just to be sure.

Well i just contacted Yahoo about this. It should be comical to see their canned responses, not expecting any resolution.