[Resolved] Server error sending mail: Insufficient Storage

Tommy

I just tried to send two (small!) email messages via SMTP using Thunderbird, as I usually do, and I got the following error:

The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again. The server responded: 4.3.1 Insufficient system storage.

I haven't yet tried webmail. Since I cannot send email from my spamcop account, I went to twitter and sent a message to [at]cesmail_status

Anyone else having trouble?

P.S.: Sounds like I'd better make a backup of my inbox.

UPDATE: I just tried sending the same message via webmail and it worked. The only unusual thing I noticed was that webmail complained that the message I was replying to was encoded in UTF-8 instead of my default encoding. But I receive and reply to mail from this guy all the time, usually using Thunderbird, though usually on a different machine.

UPDATE 2: i checked for a Thunderbird configuration problem on this machine, (after exporting my inbox) and there's no problem. I composed a brand new message and tried to send it, with the same error. I tried sending a test message from my Android phone using the K9 app and I had the same error.

Just to add to this to help isolate the problem.

I've just received this error "Negative SMTP reply: 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system storage" using K9 email (v4.200 / on ICS RAZR).

When using using Thunderbird (v15.0 / on Win7 Ultimate 64bit), I get the same message as Tommy.

Yep!

You have to use Webmail then to find Webmails been/being used by spammers and blocked?

Final-Recipient: rfc822;WilliamHenryGates[at]hotmail.com

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; [65.55.92.184]

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"SC-001 (SNT0-MC4-F19) Unfortunately, messages from 216.154.195.49 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors." (delivery attempts: 0)

Reporting-MTA: dns; c60.cesmail.net

Yep!

You have to use Webmail then to find Webmails been/being used by spammers and blocked?

I believe you must be seeing a different problem. I do not see this message when sending to the same person using webmail. As far as I can tell, I have never seen any sort of "blocked" message.

I see the "4.3.1 Insufficient Storage" error when I attempt to send messages to ANYONE, including myself, but only using SMTP (non-webmail client).

UPDATE: so far no response to my trouble report (sent via the "Problem" button in webmail) nor to my Twitter message to [at]cesmail_status

UPDATE 2: I got a response via Twitter that they are investigating. I'm heading out so I won't be able to update again until later.

I believe you must be seeing a different problem. I do not see this message when sending to the same person using webmail. As far as I can tell, I have never seen any sort of "blocked" message.

I see the "4.3.1 Insufficient Storage" error when I attempt to send messages to ANYONE, including myself, but only using SMTP (non-webmail client).

UPDATE: so far no response to my trouble report (sent via the "Problem" button in webmail) nor to my Twitter message to [at]cesmail_status

UPDATE 2: I got a response via Twitter that they are investigating. I'm heading out so I won't be able to update again until later.

We had a problem with one of the outbound mailservers early this AM. Problem is now resolved. Email support at spamcop.net if you continue to have issues.

• 1 month later...

Archived