Submitting IP Addresses

dbackherms

How do I submit IP Addresses to the blacklist? I have tried to forward spam mail to SpamCop but I get returns on all mail forwarded with an error message stating that either there is no spam found in the email or that there is no valid address found. The emails I forward are legitimate spam. It would be much easier if I could submit a list of IP Addresses. Please advise.

It doesn't work this way. Based on your description of problems, one would have to go with that there's an issue with your submittals. So we're going to have to go back to basics. Define your system, computer, OS, e-mail app, type of SpamCop account, how you're trying to handle your submittals, etc ... Let's get that issue solved first, then perhaps your submittals will help add to the BL.

I am sending email submittals through Lotus Notes and my OS is XP Pro. My SpamCop account is free and the way I submit the email is by opening the email in Lotus Notes, hitting the forward button and addressing the email to submit.<redacted>[at]spam.spamcop.net. Thank you for the help.

account data redacted by Wazoo

The solution given worked well. Thank you again for the help.

Wahoo! Glad to hear that.

aggrevating to receive 60 to 70 spam emails every workday morning

I vaguely remember those days of so little spam <g>

There's at least one other user in here that has the joy of using Lotus Notes, and there are issues.  I'm guessing that he'll be along shortly and perhaps offer up some insight on use of that app.

I am one of the few Lotus Notes users here but the question is answered before I can get to it. Good work everyone and glad it worked for you.

Archived