Cannot Access Held Mail

When I login into Webmail, I can access all folders except Held Mail. If I click on Held Mail then I am taken to a Webmail login page with a message that says:

"Your Mail session has expired. Please login again."

At this stage, everytime I enter my username/password I come back to the login screen with the same error message.

If I try accessing Held Mail through http://www.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog then I get an error message that says:

"Cannot log into IMAP mailserver for user[at]spamcop.net"

Also, while logged in at http://www.spamcop.net and I click on Held Mail the I get this error message:

"Cannot find login information. Not logged in?"

I did a forum search for errors the only match is http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=311 but this does not solve my problem.

Any ideas?

See no one else tried .. so here's my shot. You made no note of system, browser, computer, etc ... so there's no way to start pointing fingers at things specific yet. So of one was to make some assumptions that you've looked at things, tried someother things, then we'll pretend that you do have cookies enabled on whatever system you're running. If true, and all other browser functions seem to be working, then the first guess I'll try is that your system clock is way off. Going with cookies are arriving, but appearing to your browser as already timed out .. ?? again, just a wild guess based on not knowing your specifics ...??

Thanks Wazoo.

Not a cookie problem as I can access any part of the webmail except the Held Mail folder. Not a system clock problem either as my clock is synched to a Time Server.

To Recap:

- I can login and access any part of Webmail except the Held Mail folder.

- I can login and access any part of spamcop.net except the Held Mail page.

- I can search any folder in webmail except the Held Mail folder where I get a "Page Unavailable Error" (HTTP 404).

- I stopped getting the Held Mail Report.

This issue started shortly after I deleted all messages in my Held Mail folder.

This issue started shortly after I deleted all messages in my Held Mail folder.

Is it possible you actually deleted the Held Mail folder rather than the messages in it? I still don't know how you would fix it. You can browse to see the folder in webmail when you hit the folders icon? JT may need to intervene on this one.

I suddenly have the same problem, impossible to access Held Mail and error message:

Cannot log into IMAP mailserver for user[at]spamcop.net"

I believe there must be a problem on the server and hope it will be fixed soon...

Regards

StevenUderwold: Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Simple Resolution:

1- Renamed the Held Mail folder

2- Created a new folder in the Inbox and I named it Held Mail

This solved the issue. What's more is that all held mail that I could not access since the issue started are now in the new Held Mail folder.

What caused this problem I don't know. As Steven said I may have deleted the folder instead of emptying the folder. Regardless of that I was still able to see the Held Mail folder in my directory tree but could not access it.

I had not deleted the Held Mail folder but for some reason could not access it the standard way. I managed to access it by selecting the folder in the right most button, deleted the mail and now, normal access appears to be again possible...One of those mysteries ...

John

Archived