Webmail is very sluggish at the moment

Although it's not down, the webmail system for CES email account access has gotten very sluggish today, sometimes taking over a minute to respond to clicks/mailbox refreshing, etc. That means that there could be a connectivity issue at the hosting facility, or some sort of DDOS attack, or actual problems with the mail server itself. I'm thinking about using the "Problem" link to open a ticket on this, but I guess I'll give it a bit longer. I see that the "Reporting Server Status" graphic appears to have ceased functioning as well (the graph is blank at the right-hand side), so maybe I'd better submit that report after all...

DT

...and just a few minutes later, it appears that all is well once again. I had just submitted my "Problem Report" to the CES admins when the webmail went back to its "snappy" self again, taking only several seconds to refresh. I also see that data has started appearing on the "Reporting Server Status" graphic after having been blank for about an hour and a half. There was certainly some sort of "disturbance in the force," but the good news is that it appears to be over.

DT

Oops...I gave the "all clear" too soon. The SC webmail (and the graph up on the corner) are back to being "bad" again. I'm watching the browser activity wheel spin and spin, but my mailbox isn't refreshing...not after 2 minutes, but it will probably happen. I'm glad nobody came by and marked this "[Resolved]."

DT

Thanks David. The stats chart looks to be "normal" for some time now (no discontinuities) if the two effects are connected - hopefully webmail is behaving again? CESmail twitter (https://twitter.com/Cesmail_status) doesn't show any current problem, but didn't note the slow-down either, hopefully meaning only short-term effects anticipated.

Steve S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm seeing some "hiccups" today, both in the graph, and correspondingly in the responsiveness of the webmail system. I hope it doesn't get worse.

DT

I've been having some issues the past few days... at work we are behind a filter, and for some reason, webmail has not been responsive enough, so the filter blocks it. Now at home, if I try to get to webmail, it just sits and spins. I've already rebooted my router and my DSL modem twice and every other website seems to work fine, just not SC Webmail. :(

Archived