Links within spam

mep208

Why is it that when I report spam and there is a link within the body of the message that Spamcop doesn't report the site to the admin for that ISP. I have followed up on a lot of the sites like the ones for Canadian Drugs Spams. They are valid links.

Why is it that when I report spam and there is a link within the body of the message that Spamcop doesn't report the site to the admin for that ISP. I have followed up on a lot of the sites like the ones for Canadian Drugs Spams. They are valid links.

Some browsers wont connect to some sites, or link times out before SpamCop can validate address.

"Pharm" spam often use poor links usually hacked as their sites are often closed

Hi, mep208,

...For something of an explanation of what the SpamCop parser does with such spamvertized links, please see the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) article labeled "SpamCop reporting of spamvertized sites - some philosophy."

...For tools that are actually intended to deal with spamvertized links as their principal functionality, please see Farelf's first reply in SpamCop Forum topic "SpamCop + Complainterator." You can also use the handy search tool at the top of this (and other SpamCop Forum) page(s) to find additional information about Complainterator and Knujon.

Archived