[Resolved] This header is incomplete. Please supply the full headers of the spam you're trying to report. No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Snowbat

Yes, again it is the situation where the headers are thoroughly mangled (as far as the parser is concerned), so (in these cases) crucial header lines from and including "Message-ID:" in each case are indented one space. When read by a standards-compliant parse those are treated as extensions of the previous header line (a "Received:") and are effectively invisible to the parser as expected lines in their own right. I think.

In an ideal world, esatclear.ie would not be accepting mangled garbage like that (or maybe it is they who are doing the mangling - but probably not if they are passing on other messages that parse okay). In any event they could be encouraged to look at their handling of those messages ...

>- crucial header lines from and including "Message-ID:" in each case are indented one space.

Aha! I see what you mean. It became apparent after I pasted the raw headers into NotePad. I didn't see it before.

That explains the problem.

Thanks!!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Another one:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5484387070z9...f2a4e91661f039z

In an ideal world, esatclear.ie would not be accepting mangled garbage like that (or maybe it is they who are doing the mangling - but probably not if they are passing on other messages that parse okay). In any event they could be encouraged to look at their handling of those messages ...

RFC1122

"Be liberal in what you accept, and

conservative in what you send"

Exim and Postfix handle these messages without issue. If you can point out how accepting these messages for delivery is not RFC-compliant, I'll be happy to submit bug reports against Exim and Postfix. Otherwise, it's SpamCop who should be encouraged to look at their handling of these messages.

Archived