Where's my error

johnwade

When I get spam I forward it to submit.AblI1zTouzhr2h3Q[at]spam.spamcop.net. I then get an email that says - subject - [spamCop] Errors encountered, SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

What am I doing wrong?

John

>- submit.AblI1zTouzhr2h3Q[at]spam.spamcop.net

Now that you have revealed your secret "submit" address in a public forum, you may want to get a new one. I can do that for you if you will send me EMAIL at Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net

The error email tells the tale. It shows you exactly what you submitted.

The reason you got an error message is probably because the full headers were not present in the spam you submitted. SpamCop needs to see the entire path the message took on its way to you so it can track the spam back to the source.

If your mail client supports it, using the "Forward as attachment" function to send the spam as an email attachment to your 'submit' address is the best way.

SpamCop is looking for the full headers in one contiguous block of text, followed by a blank line, which signals the end of the headers, and then followed by the body text of the spam. The parse won't accept headers if there is no body text with them.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Don't recall reading anywhere it was a secret. Please submit another and let me know.

John

>- submit.AblI1zTouzhr2h3Q[at]spam.spamcop.net

Now that you have revealed your secret "submit" address in a public forum, you may want to get a new one. I can do that for you if you will send me EMAIL at Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net

The error email tells the tale. It shows you exactly what you submitted.

The reason you got an error message is probably because the full headers were not present in the spam you submitted. SpamCop needs to see the entire path the message took on its way to you so it can track the spam back to the source.

If your mail client supports it, using the "Forward as attachment" function to send the spam as an email attachment to your 'submit' address is the best way.

SpamCop is looking for the full headers in one contiguous block of text, followed by a blank line, which signals the end of the headers, and then followed by the body text of the spam. The parse won't accept headers if there is no body text with them.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Don't recall reading anywhere it was a secret.
Hi, John,

...Perhaps you missed it -- I believe I did (although I just kind of assumed it was to be kept secured) or perhaps the introductory e-mail has changed since I received mine almost ten years ago [emphasis mine]:

Someone (probably you) has requested that SpamCop email you an authorization key. You may use this key to send spam reports via SpamCop. Never post this publicly or share it with others. If you do, anyone who sees it will be able to impersonate you and send email via SpamCop as if they were you.

I didn't start off using the email address provided. I was copying and pasting to the website. One day, on the website I noticed the email address method option. Nothing there about it being unique and I didn't give it any thought I guess. How do I request getting the old deleted and a new one assigned.

I made a support spamcop payment with the intent of a donation but it seemed to infer there was some tangible advantage to doing so although I couldn't quite figure out what that might be. Any idea?

John

Hi, John,

...Perhaps you missed it -- I believe I did (although I just kind of assumed it was to be kept secured) or perhaps the introductory e-mail has changed since I received mine almost ten years ago [emphasis mine]:

<snip>

How do I request getting the old deleted and a new one assigned.

...See the second line of Don D'Minion's (SpamCopAdmin's) reply 84431[/snapback] -- the line about your having revealed your address.
<snip>

it seemed to infer there was some tangible advantage to doing so although I couldn't quite figure out what that might be. Any idea?

...The most obvious, I guess, is to support SpamCop's reporting, blacklist and other services. A tangible advantage to you, personally, is that those of us who don't have the reporting "fuel" that you purchased with your donation see a brief "nag" screen that delays the visibility of the parse, which you are spared.

Archived