WildGeek Posted May 24, 2013 Share Posted May 24, 2013 While reviewing the report id 5955859004 I've noticed this error. Finding links in message body Parsing text part error: couldn't parse head Message body parser requires full, accurate copy of message More information on this error.. no links found I found the no links found part interesting as I was able see a fully rendered HTML message on my email client (Apple Mail v6.3 build 1503). How could this happen? Then I went to check the message itself (cmd+option+u). Headers check, but the message body wasn't what I expected, plain old and usually bad written HTML. Instead it was a blob of text encoded in BASE64. And I thought to myself: these spammers are some clever bastards. So here comes my feature request. When the program isn't able to find any links on the message body, instead of displaying an error message to the user, try to BASE64 decode and rerun the HTML parsing. If you need more report ids just let me know. I get a lot of spam from the same source that developed this technique. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.