Mailhost configuration looks strange

I just attempted to configure both my email addresses, and one of them (mjmontgo[at]mybluelight.com) looks really weird!! It came back with a Host Name of "Budweiser" and the Hosts/Domain field shows: "snowball.synacor.com". :blink: I believe this email address has been used lately to send bulk mail without my knowledge....what should I do about this?

Thanks!

OK....I don't have a clue as to what "...I will need you to write to deputies <at> :blink: spamcop.net with 'mailhosts' in the subject line..." means! What and who are "deputies"? I got that far in the "Pinned" message, assumed I probably wouldn't understand the rest of it :( , closed it, and posted my first message....sorry if I upset you. I am brand new to SpamCop....just trying to help the cause.

I've already stated my problem in the body of my earlier post, so let me now add the other requested information:

MY REGISTERED SPAMCOP EMAIL ADDRESS: mjmontgo[at]cox.net

COPY OF REPORT:

SpamCop version 1.3.4 © SpamCop.net, Inc. 1998-2004 All Rights Reserved

spam Header

This page may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z453027944z15...58de7905d75310z

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

No tracking information found in header:

Hello. The spammer below is either using your resources to send out bulk

unsolicited commercial e-mail.

Probably not full headers - see FAQ:

Email software FAQ

no header

I hope that gives you all the info you need. If I'm reading this correctly, it says that spammers are using my email address(es) to send out bulk mail without my permission or knowledge. How do I stop that?

I appreciate your patience and help....thank you again,

Marilyn Montgomery :)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to explain why the phrase "write to the Deputies .." is not an understandable sequence of words. As you're "receiving and reading" e-mail, I'm having a hard time trying to convince myself that you've never "written and sent" an e-mail. And what e-mail client might you be using that doesn't have / show a Subject: line ???

Your use of SpamInspector is flawed, based on the spam sample seen via your Tracking URL. But that's an issue to be taken up elsewhere, as this Forum is to be strictly for mail-host support .... and most of that support in the specifics seem to be only capable of being handled by Julian and / or a couple of the Deputies, and even this seems to boil down to just Ellen ... scanning through just about any other Topic lists in this Forum will give you the same results ... Issues with Mail-Host? e-mail Deputies at spamcop.net ... I have absolutly no idea how to make things any clearer than that ..

Hi, Marilyn!

OK....I don't have a clue as to what "...I will need you to write to deputies <at>  :blink: spamcop.net with 'mailhosts' in the subject line..."  means!

...If what is confusing you is the "<at>" part, it means to use the at symbol, [at]. The reason it was written with the "<at>" was to keep automated scanning software from finding it as an e-mail address to which it could then send spam or perform some other evil deed.

What and who are "deputies"?

...They're SpamCop staff who have some power to make adjustments in the Mailhosts (and other SpamCop) process (but not direct access to the actual program code for SpamCop).

I got that far in the "Pinned" message, assumed I probably wouldn't understand the rest of it  :( , closed it, and posted my first message ....

<snip>

...Please don't make that assumption. I'd suggest you go back and continue reading, then post questions here about anything you don't understand or about which you would like further information or clarification.

Archived