Network Error (tcp_error)

emanmb

I'm getting an error when reporting spam today via the site.

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I go to report spam at http://www.spamcop.net, click report spam and eventually I arrive at the error message.

I turn on Hotspot Shield, try again and all is well. I need to have HSS ON to get to the forums as well.

I won't pretend I know Jack about the whys and wherefores of these kinds of things, but I have set my IP in Hotspot Shield to US one. Yesterday I had no issues reporting. I assume that this issue originates at my end i.e.my ISP or something else?

Well, evidently "something" associated with your real location emanmb. Doesn't seem like anything associated with outwards blocking by/through your ISP since we know what that looks like and it's not a "network error". Could be a network routing issue and those are usually temporary except when someone cuts a major trunk cable somewhere on the sea-floor.

Of course all this (usually undelivered) spam clogging up the lines doesn't help. Nor the massive torrents, other downloads, burgeoning social networks, hackers and surveillance, never-sleeping iPads and SmartPhones. Vaguely (though pleasantly) surprised it all works at all.

Annnnnd of course it's back to normal now. I've found that when odd things occur, a power cycle of the router can "cure" issues as well.

T.I.T.

This is Thailand.

Well, evidently "something" associated with your real location emanmb. Doesn't seem like anything associated with outwards blocking by/through your ISP since we know what that looks like and it's not a "network error". Could be a network routing issue and those are usually temporary except when someone cuts a major trunk cable somewhere on the sea-floor.

Of course all this (usually undelivered) spam clogging up the lines doesn't help. Nor the massive torrents, other downloads, burgeoning social networks, hackers and surveillance, never-sleeping iPads and SmartPhones. Vaguely (though pleasantly) surprised it all works at all.

Archived