[Resolved] What does this mean?

emanmb

I'm just curious about this one.

I thought level3.net was one of the "good guys" but just reported about 5 of the same spam message which all showed this in the report..

Finding IP block owner:

Routing details for 4.49.24.8

De-referencing level3.net[at]abuse.net

abuse net level3.net = spamtool[at]level3.net, abuse[at]level3.net

Report routing for 4.49.24.8: spamtool[at]level3.net, abuse[at]level3.net

spamtool[at]level3.net redirects to abuse[at]level3.net

abuse[at]level3.net redirects to abuse[at]level3.com

abuse[at]level3.com bounces (99 sent : 99 bounces)

abuse[at]level3.net redirects to abuse[at]level3.com

abuse[at]level3.com bounces (99 sent : 99 bounces)

Sorry, no reporting addresses found for 4.49.24.8.

I won't pretend I understand any of this but my assumption is that if the IP for the sender is identified and the company that runs it, then they will be notified by SC.

Thanks for any clarification. :)

...What I suggest in cases where there is a question about what is meant by content coming back from the parser is:

• Near the top of the screen in the text box between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO," enter the string about which you are asking ("Sorry, no reporting addresses found for"), including the quotes.
  • Click either of the two buttons.
  • Peruse the list of links that are returned and read the ones that seem most promising.

...To fine-tune your search results, you could add the string "level3.net" to the "search for" text box, as well.

Thanks!

e

...What I suggest in cases where there is a question about what is meant by content coming back from the parser is:

• Near the top of the screen in the text box between the white button labeled "Search for -->" and the blue button labeled "GO," enter the string about which you are asking ("Sorry, no reporting addresses found for"), including the quotes.
  • Click either of the two buttons.
  • Peruse the list of links that are returned and read the ones that seem most promising.

...To fine-tune your search results, you could add the string "level3.net" to the "search for" text box, as well.

They are notified unless they request otherwise (nobody can force them) or have no working abuse address but for 4.49.24.8 I might have tried adding user-defined addresses of security[at]level3.com and mlortiz[at]cedarcrest.edu per whois.arin.net (OrgAbuseEmail addresses for OrgAbuseHandles APL8-ARIN - 4.0.0.0/8 - and MOR39-ARIN - 4.49.24.0/27 - respectively), as found by IPNetInfo.exe etc. or by direct query. Just in case somebody actually wants reports.

Archived