[Resolved] Unexpected setting of bounce flag

lisati

The bounce problem has been fixed.

SpamCop was sending false delivery failure notices because of another process we had running.

If your account sustained a suspension because of this, just log in and resolve the issue by clicking on the button.

If our email to you continues to bounce because of some *other* reason, you can write to me and I'll check to see what is happening. service[at]spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

The "other process" mentioned by Richard W in the newsgroups:

Path: news.spamcop.net!not-for-mail

Newsgroups: spamcop

Subject: Re: What to do about "Bounce error" ?

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:07:24 -0600

Organization: SpamCop

>

>

Apologies all. We're beta testing the next SpamCop release. A parallel

mailpath was set up which caused some internal bounces. The bounces

were internal but it still took down the user's account. This was fixed

Friday night.

Richard

Other topics "here" dealing directly with the issue:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13389

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13393

Beta testing the next SC release, eh? I think we're entitled to get a little excited ... outstanding/previously flagged development items maybe addressed this time?

• 1 month later...

Has this problem been resolved? I am getting the bounce notification when I log in to finish reported emailed spam.

My private email is working, I get plenty of mail and tested from other accounts of mine.

Mail server logs show only outgoing mail to spamcop.net nothing indicating we rejected it.

sounds like the same problem. I can emal Don but don't want to bother him if you're still working on it.

Joe

If hitting the 'problem resolved' button didn't fix it for you, you'd best contact him as he suggested Joe, in an earlier post in this topic - it is supposed to be (generally) fixed. Always assuming you are still using the e-mail contact address in your reporting account profile. Easy to get confused, with account names not necessarily the same as contact addresses, forum contact address not necessarily the same.

The critical address in this context is the one (when logged in to reporting account) through

http://members.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=wizard&stage=1

Thank you farelf. I will email him.

I verified the email address with the link you posted.

I get a fair amount of traffic at that address os the mailserver is up and running.

I tested it with an account outside my domain to be sure.

And I scoured the mail server logs but don't see any incoming mail from spamcop.net.

It sure sounds like this problem but could be something on my side. I'm always screwing something up in new and creative ways.

Joe

...It sure sounds like this problem but could be something on my side. I'm always screwing something up in new and creative ways.

Joe

:lol: I have my own "adventures" with the internet, on a daily basis. But, sometimes, it's just not your/our fault, we skate on the verge of chaos.

Steve

Archived