Inbound Mail Not Coming Through

It would appear that new inbound mail has stopped coming though this evening.

After checking one of my feeder accounts earlier this evening after not receiving an email I was expecting, I'm seeing several messages that have yet to make it through Spamcop and into my inbox. Further test messages sent from multiple sources have also failed to come through in over 30 minutes (and no, they're not hitting the greylist according to the system). So as near as I can tell something is wrong with the inbound MXes at this time.

The last email I received was at 4:15 PT, so the backlog could potentially be up to a good 6 hours by now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear that new inbound mail has stopped coming though this evening.

After checking one of my feeder accounts earlier this evening after not receiving an email I was expecting, I'm seeing several messages that have yet to make it through Spamcop and into my inbox. Further test messages sent from multiple sources have also failed to come through in over 30 minutes (and no, they're not hitting the greylist according to the system). So as near as I can tell something is wrong with the inbound MXes at this time.

The last email I received was at 4:15 PT, so the backlog could potentially be up to a good 6 hours by now.

Sent myself a email from Gmail 20 minutes ago

Only Russian operated BOTNET getting through (all held and reported)

http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamc...ist_pending.php

Not here but address is whitelisted so shouldn't be

Sending works back to my gmail though about 10 seconds

SpamCop email looks broken again

Now 3 hours and not even an "auto-ack" problem report reply

I'm also missing both POP-ed inbound mail via my ISP & also direct incoming email to spamcop.net. I watched it being recieved in my ISP's webmail, it disappeared after 10 minutes or so as you would expect (so spamcop is successfully POPing it), but it never appeared in my inbox. Also checked held folder & greylist, nothing there either. I would guess that it is stuck somewhere inside the spamcop systems.

Ditto with a test email sent directly to my spamcop account - it seems to be sent OK from the other side but isn't arriving.

No mail for me either this morning. I usually receive between 20 and 40 legit emails when I first turn on my machine. There was nothing caught by SC Mail filters either.

I checked my ISP's webmail and nothing there, very strange.

There must be a breakdown further afield.

Also sent test email to myself using multiple addresses and none have come through either at SC webmail or here in my Inbox. Checked with my ISP, they haven't heard anything.

There must be a breakdown somewhere out there.

Also sent test email to myself using multiple addresses and none have come through either at SC webmail or here in my Inbox. Checked with my ISP, they haven't heard anything.

There must be a breakdown somewhere out there.

Sending/smtping a lot of spam now also?

https://www.senderscore.org/lookup.php?look...p;ipLookup.y=10

Normal figure is stable 99

This number drops as SpamTraps are hit (compromised account?)

Sending/smtping a lot of spam now also?

https://www.senderscore.org/lookup.php?look...p;ipLookup.y=10

Normal figure is stable 99

Not sure what that link is about, sorry. No spam, no regular email either here.

Outgoing mail is going OK as I sent a test email to my Gmail account and they had a copy of it on their servers, but never got my forwarded copy.

Not sure what that link is about, sorry. No spam, no regular email either here.

Outgoing mail is going OK as I sent a test email to my Gmail account and they had a copy of it on their servers, but never got my forwarded copy.

OK I edited it

Brazil spam criminal has hit my greylist Challenge

Still not got my test message

So it would appear that SC servers are down somewhere. I hope they are working on it.

I certainly hope someone is aware of it as there is nothing on the News page and nobody from SC appears to have noticed here.

OK I edited it

Brazil spam criminal has hit my greylist Challenge

Still not got my test message

It looks like things are hitting the greylist as necessary, but after being accepted by the MX are not making it any further. One of the servers is acting as a black hole, it seems.

So it would appear that SC servers are down somewhere. I hope they are working on it.

I certainly hope someone is aware of it as there is nothing on the News page and nobody from SC appears to have noticed here.

I'm also getting no email through my Spamcop account. Is this to do with the maintenance?

Jimbo

It looks like things are hitting the greylist as necessary, but after being accepted by the MX are not making it any further. One of the servers is acting as a black hole, it seems.

I don't use the greylist, but you are probably right. The servers are, I believe, mostly on the west coast of the USA so we have to wait until they have their first cup of Java to hear anything official I suppose.

I sent a couple of problem reports through the webmail interface for good measure.

Jimbo, I have a feeling this is something else as that maintenance wasn't supposed to effect webmail at all.

It appears no email is flowing in to webmail inbox or held mail. I usually send test messages from gmail to see if any mail is flowing. I reported the same type problem twice in July. They did resolve this quickly and reported it on the news page when signing in to webmail:

" Jul 18, 2013

[21:30 EDT] We found and fixed a problem that was causing delayed mail delivery for a small number of users. "

It looks like a similar failure has occurred again.

It appears no email is flowing in to webmail inbox or held mail. I usually send test messages from gmail to see if any mail is flowing. I reported the same type problem twice in July. They did resolve this quickly and reported it on the news page when signing in to webmail:

" Jul 18, 2013

[21:30 EDT] We found and fixed a problem that was causing delayed mail delivery for a small number of users. "

It looks like a similar failure has occurred again.

At present SpamCop email SMTP IP 216.154.195.49 is spewing spam also

Good to know that JeffT is on the job. I was wondering what was going on when I didn't see any email to speak of in my inbox this morning, then I noticed my Yahoo mail had a couple messages come through that didn't show up here, so... I guess it's officially b0rken for now. :( Hopefully they'll have it back up shortly! <_<

Why do we not see a post from CESMAIL (Spamcop mail) in this thread? At the rate I am receiving email it will never get caught up. After 24 hours of virtually no mail you would think the user should get an explanation from the people at service[at]cesmail.net

Archived