Inbound Mail Not Coming Through

This kerfuffle got me looking for rival services, more out of curiosity than anything else, and I went to despammed.com, where lo and behold, there is an apology for a prolonged outage....!!

At that point I gave up looking. Grin and bear it, so they say.

:(:blink:<_<

I've been using this service for a long time, and I think it compares well in comparison to other services. While there are glitches once in a while, they get fixed reasonably fast, and the communication is good.

Other services usually won't even admit they're having a problem. They'll just say you must be doing something wrong.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using this service for a long time, and I think it compares well in comparison to other services. While there are glitches once in a while, they get fixed reasonably fast, and the communication is good.

Other services usually won't even admit they're having a problem. They'll just say you must be doing something wrong.

I agree and also have been using SC for years, since 2001 actually, but I think someone dropped the ball on this one as it appeared to take almost a day before any apparent action was taken.

The new announcement elsewhere on this forum states they hope to have everything back to normal by 3pm EDT. I hope so although several test emails I sent have yet to appear.

Update: 1 test email sent 1h 20m ago just came in. Things are looking up.

So did I so yes it's caught up, but I have one mystery...in order for my ISP's webmail to be filtered I have to click a link in the email it sends to my cesmail account and that particular email refuses to put in an appearance!

I will try to be patient. Meanwhile my email is in limbo until either it comes through or I turn it off again.

Update: it appears my ISP doesn't know its own procedures.....the mail is being forwarded anyway. I didn't have to click any link in any email. Oh well. ;-)

Just got this from Support which explains things:

Hi -- I am sorry for the delays you encountered with your email since Monday night. We were undergoing a form of bounce attack which flooded our servers. The system was processing flat out but could not keep up with the between 500K and 1 million extra mails/bounce mails. We managed to stop the incoming bounce flood mid day on Tuesday. Unfortunately that still left us with a huge amount of mail to process. We have now completed the processing and are current on new inbound mail.

And the reason for the delay in responding to your ticket -- your mail to support was also caught up in the flood.

Everything should be back to normal now. Please let me know if you have any continuing problems.

I got the same reply to my original problem ticket on Monday. That's disturbing to say the least. :(

Having a Spamcop address has always been something of a liability since the email service is not the blacklist, but it has never been this bad.

Archived