[Resolved] Change in reporting response page or problem?

labboypro

As of yesterday, the usually verbose response page that I get after I finish up a report is now quite terse. Is there something wrong with the machine?

1. Submit spam via email.

2. On email response, click supplied link.

3. In browser, finish reporting spam by clicking the appropriate button.

4. Response page, which usually has a bunch of text, tells me where emails were sent, and offers me a few fields to submit more spam, is now simply a one-line spam report ID.

Is this a change in formatting? Or is something broken? See below for example of what I'm now seeing (I don't have example of what it used to be)...

http://myattitudesucks.com/fark/spamcop_response.jpg

[edit]image changed to link - post no images, thanks!

URI shown: www.spamcop.net/sc

Only message displayed:

Ð…pam report id 5999149717 sent to: abuse[at]ugm.ac.id

I am seeing exactly the same. Something's changed alright - it's not just you. No longer logged into reporting account. Refreshing that "landing page" results in

Reports have already been sent.

Unfortunately, we are not able to proceed your request. Please try again later

Makes no difference if already logged into reporting account. Haven't tried with "cookie" login.

I took a look at the responses that I get from "quick reporting" and they're still the normal verbose version as always -- must only affect "normal" reporting?

As of 2 minutes ago, same as I reported in OP... email report, get email response, click link in email which takes me to 'finish reporting' page, click "Send spam Report(s) Now" link on page, results page looks like the one I linked in OP... instead of the verbose one that I have been seeing for the last several years that includes link to report details, form fields to send more reports, and more. This is definitely different, and definitely new.

Trial standard (long) report to "submit" address. DEFINITELY need to be logged in via cookie method to see the verbose response - as it says in the response/confirmation e-mail above the "finish reporting" link -

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!)
I certainly recall seeing that injunction before. Maybe the recent fixes simply got this part of the system working "as intended" all along.

The length of time logged in can be varied IIRC - certainly the default is 12 hours but if a longer interval is selected I recall old topics which were simply resolved when it transpired a longer interval had been selected and the member had simply forgotten in the meantime, until it finally timed out. That is another possibility.

If the answer is one or the other of those two (certainly was for me, but I rarely submit by e-mail due to ISP blocking and almost never use cookie log-in) For this trial I just hit the "Report spam" tab from the www.spamcop.net/sc page before-hand, completed the log-in for 12 hours, THEN sent to the "submit" address and after processing (cancelling actually) got the desired verbose response. Several earlier submissions without log-in produced the terse response. QED. Maybe.

For this trial I just hit the "Report spam" tab from the www.spamcop.net/sc page before-hand, completed the log-in for 12 hours, THEN sent to the "submit" address and after processing (cancelling actually) got the desired verbose response. Several earlier submissions without log-in produced the terse response. QED. Maybe.

That was apparently the "problem." My year-old cookie had expired... and since it had been forever since I last logged in, I didn't remember the "unlogged-in" behavior. Logged in now, and it's back to the way I was expecting. Thanks.

That was apparently the "problem." My year-old cookie had expired... and since it had been forever since I last logged in, I didn't remember the "unlogged-in" behavior. Logged in now, and it's back to the way I was expecting. Thanks.

Good result, thanks for confirming, marking "Resolved" which will hopefully assist future others to find an answer who might experience the same.

Archived