error with spamcop?

f31n

hi there,

a client of mine is trying to send an email to a spamcop protected relay.

the answer we get is following:

<***[at]alexandergrabner.com>: host alexandergrabner.com[74.209.213.9] said:

550-"JunkMail rejected - server111.tldhost.de [89.107.69.24]:59552 is in an

550 RBL, see Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?89.107.69.24"

(in reply to RCPT TO command)

if i now check the ip on spamcop spamcop is telling me ... oh fine you're ip is not listened...

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...ip=89.107.69.24

if i'm checking the ip from another service like mxtoolbox.com:

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...ip=89.107.69.24

every now and then the ip of my hoster is listened with a 127.0.0.2 error?

its a little funny cause sometimes its there sometimes not ... but i've got no clue why ...

do you have a solution here for me?

thanks in advance,

best regards

Hi, f31n,

...Sorry to hear of your problem. My suggestion would be to navigate to the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) and look at any promising articles, especially those under the heading "Help for abuse-desks and administrators" and individual articles "Why Am I Blocked? Probable Causes - Wiki," "Has your email been blocked? (ISP, Mailing List Admin, Advertiser)," "SpamCop Blocking List - Am I listed?" and "What is on the list?"

...Good luck!

Hi, f31n,

...Sorry to hear of your problem. My suggestion would be to navigate to the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) and look at any promising articles, especially those under the heading "Help for abuse-desks and administrators" and individual articles "Why Am I Blocked? Probable Causes - Wiki" and "Has your email been blocked? (ISP, Mailing List Admin, Advertiser)."

...Good luck!

guess that won't be a solution ... it tells me how spamcop is working and not why the ip of my hoster is on the list for

Removed from SPAMCOP 9/4/2013 12:05:01 PM 37 minutes ago

Added to SPAMCOP 9/4/2013 12:02:52 PM 39 minutes ago

two minutes

Removed from SPAMCOP 9/4/2013 12:01:05 PM 41 minutes ago

Added to SPAMCOP 9/4/2013 11:49:08 AM 1 hour ago

10 minutes

Removed from SPAMCOP 9/4/2013 11:47:44 AM 1 hour ago

Added to SPAMCOP 9/4/2013 9:47:17 AM 3 hours ago

2 hours

on the spamcop list?

or did i get that wrong?

thanks for you answer :)

guess that won't be a solution ... it tells me how spamcop is working and not why the ip of my hoster is on the list for

<snip>

...There are several articles in the section to which I referred. Also, after you posted this latest, I added some other articles to my original reply. One has a link to a contact form which you can use to directly contact SpamCop staff.

From my location you both alternate between 127.0.0.2 and NXD on nslookup of .bl.spamcop.net on a fairly rapid cycle (seconds/minutes with 127.0.0.2 lately predominating) - though with different frequencies maybe and certainly with different frequencies for different DNS servers (public and local ISP). I was thinking the differences were maybe in routing and refreshing/caching cycles more than anything else - could be wrong. Don would know but I'm guessing he's got his hands full working on the wider/general issue, if I could extrapolate from a "sample of two" and observation of the recent fluctuations of the "Parser and Reporting Server status" graphics (also the uncharacteristic behaviour for him not to have weighed in on either topic before this, or to have responded to the other poster's e-mail when last heard). Just a guess, no doubt there are many other possible explanations (some too horrible to seriously contemplate) and this certainly seems like a critical issue.

There is a problem with one of our Mirror blocking list databases.

We're working on it.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

do you have archived any solution till now?

my client is still getting mails back with an error from SPAMCOP - without being listened ... very odd!!

This is a blocklist problem, not reporting - merging with (another) existing topic which has been responded to by SpamCop staff - though still unresolved. Yes, the cases appear to be identical. Depending on the nameservers used, that IP address is intermittently or frequently returning a (false) positive for the SCbl (127.0.0.2).

Archived