SSL Certificate expired again

DavidT

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope nothing horrible has happened to owners or their family. That would be an awful reason why no one is at the helm right now. I wish there was someone around we could ask, who has direct contact.

Similarly, it would be nice to know what ever happened to Wazoo.

DT

I've been doing the same.

But I don't want to teach my Dad and my other family members about this getaround -- it's taken way too long to convince them why they need security and that could be undone in a matter of seconds LOL Seriously, they don't have the judgment to know when this is OK and when it is not (and as far as I'm concerned, it's *never* OK).

I've had my spamcop mail accounts since the very beginning. I never thought I'd hear myself say it, but I'm starting to google up alternative providers. I really like this service and would just as soon stay put, so I don't say this lightly. And I won't jump ship lightly either. But I'd sure like to know why we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Someone in charge should have noticed the "outage" by now. Again I do hope we are not looking at some horrible event as the reason.

I found a couple of old email addys for Jeff Tucker. I have no idea if he is still involved or if those emails are any good, but I gave them a try.

--appyface

• 8 months later...

The SSL certificate for https://mail.spamcop.net expired May 30. If you renew services with a PayPal payment, you are redirected to such a page.

Someone should probably use the contact form to let Jeff know.

Note that this is not the same certificate as the one used for the mail server itself, which the earlier posts in this topic are discussing.

...Good catch, Dave_L. I should state that it was I, not Firefly, who added the post to this Topic. I believe that's appropriate from the standpoint that it's the same team -- CES -- that owns the two URLs involved.

I think this is a sign that I should move off of CESmail entirely.

We've had a LOT of those signs lately, and yes, I'd suggest that everyone plan on moving to other options. This is no longer a viable email service, in my opinion.

DT

• 4 weeks later...

We've had a LOT of those signs lately, and yes, I'd suggest that everyone plan on moving to other options. This is no longer a viable email service, in my opinion.

DT

I just wanted to ask a couple questions on this topic:

1. Is the person/team that fixes problems with the servers (such as those mentioned in the news at http://mail.spamcop.net/news.php) different than who we need to fix this certificate error?

2. If there is no longer anyone to fix problems, as suggested by the last two posts in this thread, does anyone have recommendations for another service that is as good with spam filtering? I'm not sure what everyone's results are, but I haven't had a single spam get through in the two years I've had this service (and very few good mails I've had to release from held mail).

Thanks!

Gmail is really quite good, perhaps a bit overeager to classify messages as spam that aren't, but it's easy to deal with that.

Thanks, but I actually have a gmail account that I'm trying to retire because of spam getting past the spam filter and into the inbox.

I just wanted to ask a couple questions on this topic:

1. Is the person/team that fixes problems with the servers (such as those mentioned in the news at http://mail.spamcop.net/news.php) different than who we need to fix this certificate error?

...Sorry, but I do not really know and it is likely that no one here (other than the CES staff, who only post here rarely) knows for certain. But it would be my guess that it's the same team, the CES staff.
2. If there is no longer anyone to fix problems, as suggested by the last two posts in this thread, does anyone have recommendations for another service that is as good with spam filtering?

<snip>

...Sorry, we are not going to discuss specific competitors here (because CES also provides the resources for the SpamCop Forum and we do not want to risk them dropping those resources).

...Note to Firefly and anyone8: I (regretfully) have hidden your replies, which mention such a competitor, from public view.

"competitor"? Really? In any event, it seems that this forum is the only resource CES is providing at this point.

That's a briiliant idea. You don't need email at all! Just post your communications here, and tell the recipient (somehow) to come here to read the post. If it's private, you can use PMs.

"competitor"? Really? In any event, it seems that this forum is the only resource CES is providing at this point.
...:) <g> Well, it would be humorous were it not so close to the truth!
That's a briiliant idea. You don't need email at all! Just post your communications here, and tell the recipient (somehow) to come here to read the post. If it's private, you can use PMs.
...:) <g> But you forgot to include your own smiley ... but, then, I guess the fact that you were being facetious was obvious, so it wasn't really necessary. :) <g>

...Sorry, we are not going to discuss specific competitors here (because CES also provides the resources for the SpamCop Forum and we do not want to risk them dropping those resources).

...Note to Firefly and anyone8: I (regretfully) have hidden your replies, which mention such a competitor, from public view.

The June 2014 posts in this thread show that CES can't be bothered to respond to the error. Since it comes up when trying to renew, it's inevitable that we'll switch to another email service when our accounts expire. As the user base dwindles, I imagine the decreasing revenue will result in CES cutting resources.

All you're doing is making it harder for us to figure out which email service might come the closest to providing as good spam filtering, which has earned you the honor of being the first person on my ignore list. I don't see any point in trying to participate in this forum as long as you have the power to hide replies that rub you the wrong way. Bye.

<snip>

I don't see any point in trying to participate in this forum as long as you have the power to hide replies that rub you the wrong way. Bye.

...It didn't.

...A more complete reply was provided via PM, hoping that anyone8 will return in spite of suggesting that won't happen.

Archived