How do I forward an email as an attachment with the newest Yahoo Mail?

moreofless

Same here. CNTRL + ALT + F no longer works correctly. I used the key combo to send in some test emails and they never showed up on my reporting page.

The amount of spam I will be reporting will be dropping by a huge amount now as I'm not going to bother with cutting and pasting the headers ever again which still leaves the links unreported.

I guess is OK as I've reported gazzillions of spams over the years here and it's kind of tiring, but it's not good for aiding in the reporting of spammers.

e

Thank you!

CNTL + ALT + f worked until yesterday for me. The thread you referenced seems to be from the last time Yahoo updated mail.

Same here. CNTRL + ALT + F no longer works correctly. I used the key combo to send in some test emails and they never showed up on my reporting page.

The amount of spam I will be reporting will be dropping by a huge amount now as I'm not going to bother with cutting and pasting the headers ever again which still leaves the links unreported.

I guess is OK as I've reported gazzillions of spams over the years here and it's kind of tiring, but it's not good for aiding in the reporting of spammers.

e

The cut and paste method is not working for me. I keep getting an "unable to parse header" message.

The cut and paste method is not working for me. I keep getting an "unable to parse header" message.

You NEED to hit the enter key twice before pasting spam/message body under pasted headers

Show the "tracking link" from SpamCop parser for better advice

http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/TrackingURL

Otherwise SpamCop thinks message/spam is blank

e

I don't think many email "services" like/ you reporting spam as they like to do it themselves.

Lot of money gained by selling effective malware attacks and spam prevention

The best around that I've seen is Cisco/Ironport servers

Gmail seem to have spam prevention down to pat

My only objection to Gmail is Google is really spyware that is not confidential or privacy orientaed at at all!

Probably the same for Yahoo and Hotmail though?

You NEED to hit the enter key twice before pasting spam/message body under pasted headers

Show the "tracking link" from SpamCop parser for better advice

http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/TrackingURL

Otherwise SpamCop thinks message/spam is blank

I don't think many email "services" like/ you reporting spam as they like to do it themselves.

Lot of money gained by selling effective malware attacks and spam prevention

The best around that I've seen is Cisco/Ironport servers

Gmail seem to have spam prevention down to pat

My only objection to Gmail is Google is really spyware that is not confidential or privacy orientaed at at all!

Probably the same for Yahoo and Hotmail though?

What I doing is copying the full headers and pasting them above the body of the message after I click forward.

Hi, moreofless,

...Do I understand correctly that you're trying to submit spam by sending an e-mail to your SpamCop Reporting e-mail address that contains the spam header and body in the body of your e-mail? I don't believe that the SpamCop parser is able to handle that.

Hi, petzl,

...If I understand your proposed solution correctly, you're talking about the online SpamCop spam submission form, correct? And, if so, you are describing what to do with the "all-in-one submission form," correct? If so, I think some users may find it easier to instead use the "outlook/eudora workaround form," as it has separate fields for the spam header and the spam body. I recognize, however, that it is easier to describe how to use the all-in-one submission form and also may be easier for some to understand than the outlook/eudora workaround form. "Different strokes for different folks" or YMMV, as it were. :) <g>

Hi, moreofless,

...Do I understand correctly that you're trying to submit spam by sending an e-mail to your SpamCop Reporting e-mail address that contains the spam header and body in the body of your e-mail? I don't believe that the SpamCop parser is able to handle that.

Hi, petzl,

...If I understand your proposed solution correctly, you're talking about the online SpamCop spam submission form, correct? And, if so, you are describing what to do with the "all-in-one submission form," correct? If so, I think some users may find it easier to instead use the "outlook/eudora workaround form," as it has separate fields for the spam header and the spam body. I recognize, however, that it is easier to describe how to use the all-in-one submission form and also may be easier for some to understand than the outlook/eudora workaround form. "Different strokes for different folks" or YMMV, as it were. :) <g>

I thought before Yahoo put in the ALT+SHIFT+F function I would just get my full headers and paste it above the body of the message when I would forward it to Spamcop. I don't recall using the web forms.

• 4 weeks later...

Not in Mac OS using either Firefox or Safari, OS X 10.6.8

OTOH, I have an Ameritech (before company became sbcglobal, then ATT) Yahoo email and all the old functions are still there when signed into that account. Free Yahoo is just a mess and my older OS brings up a warning when going into free yahoo alerting me to upgrade my safari or firefox. There aren't anymore Safari upgrades for my OS so for now I use FF but will be upgrading to get more current. Even FF can be flaky w/the new yahoo.

The ALT + SHIFT + F seems to be working again.

Archived